• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    A dealer has had two squirreled away for me for months now. Glocks are the AK's of the pistol world but they've never interested me much......just too vanilla. Still, the P80 intrigues me for some reason so I figure I might as well. Anywho, if any of you guys have been waiting, they're fair game now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A dealer has had two squirreled away for me for months now. Glocks are the AK's of the pistol world but they've never interested me much......just too vanilla. Still, the P80 intrigues me for some reason so I figure I might as well. Anywho, if any of you guys have been waiting, they're fair game now.

You got the serialized P80?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'll post some pictures when I get them. As far as I can tell, it's essentially what people call a Gen3 on the interior prettied up to look vintage on the outside. It's a facsimile of the original, NOT a true reproduction.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    OP - Glock's have never done much for me either. I've recently become interested in the Gen 1 pistols as a collector's item I would also be fine with shooting regularly. But wow have the Gen 1 prices gone insane! I don't have much interest in paying four figures for a plastic pistol

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’ve got one that’s pretty rare. Gen 1 G17 with MPDC stamped on the side. It’s in damn good shape too. What are these things worth now? Not selling, by the way

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Had to look it up. I thought P80 meant Polymer80. I was wondering why you would buy registered Polymer80 frames.....

Carry on.

I thought exactly the same, I was like, eh? Neat pistol, I saw an original Gen 1 used in like new condition for $900 at Bollinger.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They are all over the map. Realistically, they are worth whatever you can get. A friend of mine LOVES Glocks, has a number of them and uses them in competition. He has an early Gen 2 with over 90,000 rounds through it (I posted some pictures of it when it was in the 60K range) and it's just a tool to him. He wouldn't buy one for any price in any condition because he sees them as fragile compared to newer ones. As you've seen, some collectors will pay north of 2K for one if it's NIB. They were and are made by the gadzillions so it's only worth what the guy in front of you is willing to pay. Of course, that's true of anything in the end isn't it?

Grimnar15 mentioned one at Bollinger's for $900. I'd pay that IF it had everything it came with when new and I'd make an exception for the magazines since those early ones were known to crack with use. But without at least the box and manual, I wouldn't have any interest unless it was in the $300-400 range.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They are all over the map. Realistically, they are worth whatever you can get. A friend of mine LOVES Glocks, has a number of them and uses them in competition. He has an early Gen 2 with over 90,000 rounds through it (I posted some pictures of it when it was in the 60K range) and it's just a tool to him. He wouldn't buy one for any price in any condition because he sees them as fragile compared to newer ones. As you've seen, some collectors will pay north of 2K for one if it's NIB. They were and are made by the gadzillions so it's only worth what the guy in front of you is willing to pay. Of course, that's true of anything in the end isn't it?

Grimnar15 mentioned one at Bollinger's for $900. I'd pay that IF it had everything it came with when new and I'd make an exception for the magazines since those early ones were known to crack with use. But without at least the box and manual, I wouldn't have any interest unless it was in the $300-400 range.

Yeah I’m with you! Like my man Baffling up top i got a gun out of that same lot (dc police marked). I wouldn’t buy a gen1 fir $900 that’s nuts!

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I heard Baltimore's Best Pawn / MD Elite Firearms has the P80 in stock.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    OP - Glock's have never done much for me either. I've recently become interested in the Gen 1 pistols as a collector's item I would also be fine with shooting regularly. But wow have the Gen 1 prices gone insane! I don't have much interest in paying four figures for a plastic pistol

Glocks for me are like the women at the bar who look really good after a few drinks.

Not what you went in there for and damned if you can remember why you didn’t like them while you are having a good time. But in the light of day you wonder what the hell you did.

Then toss back a couple more and go “what the hell. It was still a great time”.

I have more glocks than I am willing to admit. Not my favorite handgun. Then again an AR isn’t my favorite rifle either and I have a silly number.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m looking for an original P80, pre Glock 17 version.

Attachments

• F433D0FF-0B61-4D69-8634-A37CFF0B320A.jpeg
      F433D0FF-0B61-4D69-8634-A37CFF0B320A.jpeg
      45.2 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads