• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Some teenagers go to the mall or to a movie. My daughter's boyfriend invited her out with his family......duck hunting.

She doesn't have a hunting license or a duck stamp yet, but she had a lot of fun being out there. She told me she can't wait to get all set so she can go out there with her own gun and do a little shooting.

She did get to pose with yesterday's ducks for posterity. She will be going back out on Tuesday.

ecdec0829d895a3058290070f61ff2d8.jpg

5f7af746db6145ec5f97b0991be4c722.jpg

244699cc46f16df2b24f85d0059025a5.jpg

02a79b53853055e13df3cdf5cb53c916.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Looks like they got a couple Bufflehead's, not much good for eating but good target practice.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That is great news. Buy her a good pair of boots. If she's serious about this, that will be a great investment. Cold toes, usually means lets go home...

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Congrats!!

Mine started the same way. Tagged along, Killed her first goose, got her first band and now is bow hunting for deer when College and work isn't in the way.

I might suggest the Cabelas Outfither for girls getting into the sport. We bought bibs and jacket for my daughter and she loves them as boys clothes from other stores just do not fit them the same. A lot of it is on sale now and it doesn't go on sale very much!!
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/hunting-outerwear/_/N-1111241/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_468324180

Good luck and many long days together. Get her a back pack so she can carry her bibs all the time. Girls get cold quicker and have less tolerance for cold. They should be extra prepared more than us.

Also, don't treat them like a son and tell them to man up and and kick it in. You are the hero until you do that. Then Momma and Daughter turn on you and put you in your place :whoa: Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Excellent news, good to see young ladies getting involved. I found my two daughters thoroughly enjoy the shooting sports and especially hunting. Whats even better is that I notice strangely enough there is no drama unlike my sons who are competitive among-st each other and the girls are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom