• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Considering one more purchase prior to the election. I know all AK variants are illegal in the peoples republic of Merry land, but I'm military and am from Texas so I can just go back there buy it and it'll be a safe queen for the next 2 years or whenever I go down on leave. If I buy an X95 then I can actually have it here and shoot it, but I don't wanna miss out on a chance to own that AK if something were to happen,

Ultimate question is safe queen or a shooter?
    Thanks for the advice :D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think the X95 is still imported from Israel so would probably wind up banned before the SAM-7. Imported guns can be banned from importation easily by executive order. All ATF has to do is reclassify them as non-sporting. I'm pretty sure Arsenal is doing all of their rifles domestically now so the SAM would likely be around longer.

ETA I just checked and the SAM 7 is apparently still imported from Bulgaria. But still likely to be around longer if Hillary's ATF slaps an import ban on anything resembling an MSR, which I think they will. Arsenal has manufacturing capacity in the US to pick the rifle up here if it is banned from import. I don't think IMI does.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    If it's makes you feel better, the X95 doesn't meet OAL requirements stock from the factory, unless they have a MD compliant version (extra long muzzle device). You might be looking at two safe queens.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    If it's makes you feel better, the X95 doesn't meet OAL requirements stock from the factory, unless they have a MD compliant version (extra long muzzle device). You might be looking at two safe queens.

theres actually several I've seen already from the IPs so thats not an issue, they just look a little funky

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I think the X95 is still imported from Israel so would probably wind up banned before the SAM-7. Imported guns can be banned from importation easily by executive order. All ATF has to do is reclassify them as non-sporting. I'm pretty sure Arsenal is doing all of their rifles domestically now so the SAM would likely be around longer.

so +1 for the X95 lol

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    well I've already looked into the muzzle devices for them and they put me off, but I still want it regardless so thats the issue.

I see what you mean.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.JPG
      IMG_1359.JPG
      19.6 KB · Views: 339

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I see what you mean.

there are multiple, I would just opt for an extended muzzle break. I know atlantic firearms offer an extended muzzle break sort of like that, and it'll meet the 29in OAL, but its not permanent so I don't know of any FFLs who will take that gamble.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Doesn't the 29" rule on collapsible stock rifles apply to the length with the collapsible stock opened completely. And yes believe it or not I know the Tavor doesn't have a collapsible stock. But what if someone were to invent a small one that could be added onto it, possibly by modifying something that's already out there for a different rifle. Would that negate the need for add-on muzzle break?

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Doesn't the 29" rule on collapsible stock rifles apply to the length with the collapsible stock opened completely. And yes believe it or not I know the Tavor doesn't have a collapsible stock. But what if someone were to invent a small one that could be added onto it, possibly by modifying something that's already out there for a different rifle. Would that negate the need for add-on muzzle break?

That sounds interesting, but how would we even begin to make that? or find something like this?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

It would help. There was a thread, or part of a thread brainstorming that very idea several months to a year ago...

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA

ETA I just checked and the SAM 7 is apparently still imported from Bulgaria. But still likely to be around longer if Hillary's ATF slaps an import ban on anything resembling an MSR, which I think they will. Arsenal has manufacturing capacity in the US to pick the rifle up here if it is banned from import. I don't think IMI does.

99% sure that the Tavor is manufactured in Harrisburg, PA. I talked to one of their employees the other day! They get like a 50% discount. I'm going to flood them with applications.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I been looking all day for an X95 and the best price by far is Quantico tactical for 1600, but they'll only sell me the gun as a Texas resident. I live in Maryland so technically I'm a Maryland resident and they don't sell to us :/.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I been looking all day for an X95 and the best price by far is Quantico tactical for 1600, but they'll only sell me the gun as a Texas resident. I live in Maryland so technically I'm a Maryland resident and they don't sell to us :/.

Your military PCS/TDY orders should be sufficient for non-MD resident status. Now if you have a MD drivers license, you are screwed until you get your TX license back.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Your military PCS/TDY orders should be sufficient for non-MD resident status. Now if you have a MD drivers license, you are screwed until you get your TX license back.

No sir they told me they wouldn't sell it to me as a Maryland resident.
    And I needed two forms of adress and that proved my Texas residence and I have my drivers liscense, but that's it.
    No worries though! I found another IWI distributor and they're gonna sell it to me for cheaper !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom