• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Never said it made sense, just reporting the climate, debate, and Legislative Intent behind it .

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    In recent decades the spin has all been about completing the background , but that's revisionist . That's not what it was about in 1966 .

It was all about * Cooling Off * . Go read the entire Bill File in Annapolis , all the testimony and debate was about Cooling Off Period . Read the contemporary news coverage was all about Cooling Off to prevent crimes of passion . For that matter, Cooling Off Periods were the major themes of the gun debate nationally in that era .

I am quite eager and would be very pleased indeed if you could provide primary sources that contradict my earlier posting on the matter. Unlike some of the more recalcitrant blowhards (second time this morning I've used that phrase) on this forum, I am quite eager to be proven wrong if such proof can be produced.

But why do they need a cooling off period for individuals who already own one or more regulated firearms?

Never said it made sense, just reporting the climate, debate, and Legislative Intent behind it .

Wholly accurate. While I agree that one should not attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence (another second use this day, or close to it), there are unquestionably those who mean to rule us, as opposed to governing us. I liken it to the difference between idiots and reptiles; one doesn't know better, the other does but acts as such anyway. Both are dangerous, but one is far more concerning than the other.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Bill File is available to the public at the law library, basement floor of the Dept of Legistative Services ( the bld facing Lawyers Mall in Annapolis ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom