• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    Been enjoying some great Oktoberfest beer and food for the past few weeks, and I wanted to see what other events, beers, restaurants, and other celebrations you all know of and recommend.

I like going to my nearby beer stores and Total Wine, getting a good sampling of Marzen, Helles, and Hefeweizens, and sitting on the porch with a fire going. Any good lines on some Helles lagers would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I usually get some traditional German food from a local restaurant (Bavarian Brauhaus in Hanover) and it has been excellent every time.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Old Stein Inn in Edgewater has always been my go to spot since I moved to the area about 15 years ago. Great food and always have tons of great beer on tap.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Any beers in particular?

Spaten Optimator is pretty solid on draft. They also have a thing called the "Tenth Tap" that is constantly rotating. When I go there I've got to order the Jagerschnitzel. Now you've got me hungry and thirsty. Thanks! :lol2:

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Been enjoying some great Oktoberfest beer and food for the past few weeks, and I wanted to see what other events, beers, restaurants, and other celebrations you all know of and recommend.

I like going to my nearby beer stores and Total Wine, getting a good sampling of Marzen, Helles, and Hefeweizens, and sitting on the porch with a fire going. Any good lines on some Helles lagers would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I usually get some traditional German food from a local restaurant (Bavarian Brauhaus in Hanover) and it has been excellent every time.

You should, of course, do what you want, but Total Wine is owned by David Trone, the mega-anti 2A asshat, who is now in Congress.

Trone on January 6:

6eqNlAD4gRZRrVD9AXzfp0zgKK8jyIIKrmKRNRi4Wd1iAtYMyZ88owPzSaJVHg4IkfEbg-I_yjgP_z0-cZzgOV9FCYe6N1FgcBXL=s750

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I had a couple of Dogtoberfest drafts and they were pretty tasty.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Old Stein Inn in Edgewater has always been my go to spot since I moved to the area about 15 years ago. Great food and always have tons of great beer on tap.

This. Old Stein Inn is amazeballz and has some great beers on tap. They have a dunkel that makes me want to swear off water. Their schnitzelwich sammich is the bomb-dig.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    This. Old Stein Inn is amazeballz and has some great beers on tap. They have a dunkel that makes me want to swear off water. Their schnitzelwich sammich is the bomb-dig.

Is it their own beer? I would make the trip to Edgewater and fill a growler for a good local-made brew.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    https://www.oldstein-inn.com/menu
    Pretty sure it was just weihenstephaner weissbier dunkel, but on tap made a nice difference. This link should take you to their menu, where you can see their beers currently offered.

Fresh on tap makes a huge difference. Two of my favorites have been Guinness draught straight from the factory (the one here in MD is pretty damn good too) and New Belgium Fat Tire fresh in Colorado. I am drooling thinking about it.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Fresh on tap makes a huge difference. Two of my favorites have been Guinness draught straight from the factory (the one here in MD is pretty damn good too) and New Belgium Fat Tire fresh in Colorado. I am drooling thinking about it.

I had a Golden Monkey when I visited Victory Brewing in PA and thought it was one of the best I had ever tasted. I looked for it down here, found some bottles and it just left me completely unimpressed, can’t understand why I thought it was so good. Draft, right from the brewery does make a big difference apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom