• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I seem to have 4lbs of Vihtavuori N140 that I do not need. The powder is at least 5 years old and I have NO idea if its good or bad. It has been stored inside so I am guessing its ok but its up to you to decide.

Instead of writing my name in the yard with it and setting it on fire maybe someone here would have a good use for it.

I don't want anything in return but it needs to be picked up in Columbia.

Mike

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    140 does a pretty good job with the Sierra 69's...that used to be the AMU's pet load: 25 grains behind the 69...very hot, but it shot knotholes.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    or you can just toss it in your yard (as fertilizer) without setting it on fire.

That is a good idea... not as entertaining but a good idea nonetheless:). Hopefully someone has some use for it. It looks to be to be worth almost $100.

Mike

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That is a good idea... not as entertaining but a good idea nonetheless:). Hopefully someone has some use for it. It looks to be to be worth almost $100.

Mike

my suggestion was last resort..

you can also smell the power if its still good..

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I seem to have 4lbs of Vihtavuori N140 that I do not need. The powder is at least 5 years old and I have NO idea if its good or bad. It has been stored inside so I am guessing its ok but its up to you to decide.

Instead of writing my name in the yard with it and setting it on fire maybe someone here would have a good use for it.

I don't want anything in return but it needs to be picked up in Columbia.

Mike

Use it and load some rounds. 5 years old is nothing really. Powder if stored in cool dry places lasts many many more than 5 years. I've used powder stored by my grandad in his basement thats over 25 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom