• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Greetings,

The first 'highly recommended' guy seemed like a perfect fit, he answered all my questions, gave me a fair quote; I sent him images, then he couldn't commit to a date to do the work. I waited a couple weeks, he seemed eager to do it, just needed more time; this repeated a couple more times over a few months. I just stopped calling him back. I think the job was just too small for him to commit to it, dunno.

So now I'm looking for someone else. I did contact another company (and friend of the 2A community); I sent him the photos, sketch and dimensions. He also gave me great info, and recommended only using black aluminum, and attach with screws that would not rust. I've emailed him twice since, but he's no longer replying and he never gave me a quote. I think he was interested/willing but the job is probably just two small, only a few hours work.

That's the long story, point is I'm back at square one. I have permission from the HOA to have it installed, just want a simple, strong hand rail with basic spindles to support the rail.

Here's the short details:

The rail just needs to be a simple shape, 18" on the porch from the white porch post to the edge, then 15" corner to the steps, then 6 feet down two steps/pads toward the driveway. These measurements keep in a couple inches from the edge, and about a foot back from the driveway itself.

The property is in Laurel, near Fort Meade, MD.

Please just PM me if you need more details or photos, an approximate cost and when you might be able to do the fabrication. Thanks!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The job is essentially like this (this is not the actual picture of the porch/pad/steps):

concrete%20stairs.jpg

Just one hand rail, will basically look like the one on the left walking down. There's only a few steps/pad, and it's shorter than this job, not as steep either.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Work load is off the hook right now , not sure why but I have lots to do . I finish one job and two come in , the main problem is finding people that really want to work all day . This is just my opinion as I see it .

I have a hard time committing to exact dates to start & finish as I have some jobs 2 months out .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Understood, thanks for the discussion.

No rush for this job, can just be a 'give me a heads up' when you are on your way kind of thing.

Here is the actual picture of the porch/steps/pad area. Just a few steps, need it to help an elderly person get to her vehicle when it's icy out, that's all. Just something that's no maintenance, strong and looks nice; nothing fancy.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1819.jpg
      thumbnail_IMG_1819.jpg
      15.3 KB · Views: 412

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thanks, I have a call in with the company Dan mentioned too; waiting for a quote.

Minuteman ,

I wish i could help you out on this , but with the things going on and the back log i have i think i would just piss you off and i would not want to do that .

I hope you find someone soon .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Minuteman ,

I wish i could help you out on this , but with the things going on and the back log i have i think i would just piss you off and i would not want to do that .

I hope you find someone soon .

Much appreciated, its no hurry, and such a small job. I could just go VFR-direct to any yellow-pages company, but I strongly prefer to support MDS members/2A folks in general.

The place Dan referred me too, did reply and is going to give me an estimate, they are just swamped. I'm reaching out to Stoveman's POC this week too. I just need something in place before the first ice hits.

:thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks again to everyone that provided contacts and advice; both via this forum and otherwise.

I got a couple estimates, and some great advice; ended up going with one of these recommendations.

After doing a little more looking online, looks like I could have purchased this kit for less than half the price I paid; but it isn't as nice, doesn't have as much material, and I'd have to install it myself. May be a better option for someone else down the line, so just passing the info along: http://www.zottolafab.com/shop/page/4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom