• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    I laughed when I got my card. "Sorry, here's 22 bucks towards another one of our products, hopefully one that won't suck!"

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I bought a 512 when they first came out.
    Think I got it at a gun show in the Pikesviille Armory.
    Never had a problem with it, maybe because it goes from the safe to the range for a little workout they back.
    Wonder if I should just keep it or return it for a refund?

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    I just emailed Fostersettlement.com to find out few thing. On their site, one can file a claim online and if you are requesting a refund they provide a P.O. Box in Philthadeltphia :) to ship to. Very little information what to include. The question for them is:

a. What information to provide with the package?
    b. How do you track package and status of claim?
    c. How do they determine the model and amount of MSRP? The online claim form only asks for serial number.
    d. What if they lose or mishandle the equipment, or send a refund to a wrong address/someone else.

It seems there are a lot of unknowns.... I will keep you posted if they reply.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Had anybody returned one of the milsurp 553 units or heard of anybody returning one? They don't have it listed on the price sheet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Had anybody returned one of the milsurp 553 units or heard of anybody returning one? They don't have it listed on the price sheet.

I returned both of my Eotechs to the company for their voluntary recall last year. One of them was a 553 in fde. It wasn't a surplus unit but sold commercially. I couldn't remember what I paid and no longer had the receipt as it was purchased back in 2008 or so. I put down the msrp of what they were currently selling for. However, I did have the case and manuals. Sent my request to Eotech for the 553 and the EXPS and got approval. No request for receipts.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I returned both of my Eotechs to the company for their voluntary recall last year. One of them was a 553 in fde. It wasn't a surplus unit but sold commercially. I couldn't remember what I paid and no longer had the receipt as it was purchased back in 2008 or so. I put down the msrp of what they were currently selling for. However, I did have the case and manuals. Sent my request to Eotech for the 553 and the EXPS and got approval. No request for receipts.
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to return mine, but it is milsurp and learned after i bought it that there was some controversy around whether they were ever supposed to have been sold to the public.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to return mine, but it is milsurp and learned after i bought it that there was some controversy around whether they were ever supposed to have been sold to the public.

If you paid for it, I can't see how they could deny it. If it was "acquired", like some milsurp items are, it may not be worth trying for the refund. However, from the Eotech website, after you submit the info to them, you have to wait for them to "approve" of the return. I'm not sure about some of the law firms or whatever getting involved and what they might require.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    If you paid for it, I can't see how they could deny it. If it was "acquired", like some milsurp items are, it may not be worth trying for the refund. However, from the Eotech website, after you submit the info to them, you have to wait for them to "approve" of the return. I'm not sure about some of the law firms or whatever getting involved and what they might require.
    I purchased it - i believe it was from lawguns.com

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Are the newer ones any better? I have one that shit the bed and won't turn on, but I like the reticle. Just wondering if getting a refund and getting a newer different model is worth it or not

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    What is funny/sad is that resellers like OpticsPlanet and others still sell them for the same price as before. Should be a lot cheaper, say the NCStar level? :)

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    What is funny/sad is that resellers like OpticsPlanet and others still sell them for the same price as before. Should be a lot cheaper, say the NCStar level? :)

I had wondered about that. After this got out, you would think demand for them would plummet?

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Are the newer ones any better? I have one that shit the bed and won't turn on, but I like the reticle. Just wondering if getting a refund and getting a newer different model is worth it or not
    If you like the reticle you should look at Vortex's new holographic sight. It looks similar.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Need opinion ... I still own 2 Eotechs. Should I return or keep them?

I kept mine. It is on my 9mm AR pistol range toy. I don't plan on taking it to war with extreme temperatures. I don't see the point; it works fine.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I looked at the pricing sheet again. They have the 553 on there but not the SU231 PEQ which is the .mil version of the 553. I sent the law firm an email to ask if they will refund on the SU231.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I just emailed Fostersettlement.com to find out few thing. On their site, one can file a claim online and if you are requesting a refund they provide a P.O. Box in Philthadeltphia :) to ship to. Very little information what to include. The question for them is:

a. What information to provide with the package?
    b. How do you track package and status of claim?
    c. How do they determine the model and amount of MSRP? The online claim form only asks for serial number.
    d. What if they lose or mishandle the equipment, or send a refund to a wrong address/someone else.

It seems there are a lot of unknowns.... I will keep you posted if they reply.

Thanks Petar. I sent the same note below to them:

Hello, I had saw that you are involved in litigation with EOTech Holograph Weapon sights. I have a EOTech 512 and I would like to return it for a refund; in accordance with your specifications on your website. I do have a couple of questions though; since the return of the expensive weapons sight to you address leaves out a couple of issues; that I hope you can address:

a. What information do I provide with the EOTech 512 weapons sight?
    b. How do you track my weapons sight and status of claim?
    c. What if the weapons sight is mishandled or lost?
    d. What if my request for refund is disapproved by the court/litigation?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I kept mine. It is on my 9mm AR pistol range toy. I don't plan on taking it to war with extreme temperatures. I don't see the point; it works fine.

Sitting on a bench in the sun or being stored or transported in a hot or cold trunk can cause significant drift.

Sadly, I have seen better zero retention from some chinese clones than the real deal.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Been sleeping through this topic.

My first thought reading this thread was that I'd be a real dirt-bag if I shipped them my 2005 552.

Then I read the entire 49-page complaint. Reads like a f'ing spy novel. Makes me want to return my sight in person to a few of the execs and shove it in sideways ...

If I do decide to return it, I'll Karma the LT110 and G33/STS out to you guys (not sideways).

Attachments

• IMAG0675.jpg
      IMAG0675.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 194

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads