• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Some Kudos to S&W's customer service.

Long-story short, my slide stop finally gave up the ghost and snapped while I was out of town a few days ago. To be honest, I didn't even notice it'd happened until I went to lock the slide to verify it was clear.

14316992_10210658226441237_2331696329487828146_n.jpg

Quick call to S&W this morning to see if the part is available and the cost, within 2 minutes - they had my info and were sending out a replacement, at no charge.

It's $13 plus s&h from online vendors, so it's not like it costs them much (or me for that matter). But I do appreciate it.

**This was on my M&P .45, round count is roughly in the 16/17K range.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Some Kudos to S&W's customer service.

Long-story short, my slide stop finally gave up the ghost and snapped while I was out of town a few days ago. To be honest, I didn't even notice it'd happened until I went to lock the slide to verify it was clear.

View attachment 185938

Quick call to S&W this morning to see if the part is available and the cost, within 2 minutes - they had my info and were sending out a replacement, at no charge.

It's $13 plus s&h from online vendors, so it's not like it costs them much (or me for that matter). But I do appreciate it.

**This was on my M&P .45, round count is roughly in the 16/17K range.
    That's a hella amount of rounds lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I was looking for a part for my Model 10. Needed the pin that held the stocks on. S&W couldn't locate the part for a 1969 revolver. I called back with the current part number (same as for the current K Frame) and they apologized and sent me one at no cost.

S&W is great.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's a hella amount of rounds lol

Helps when you roll your own .45acp. ;)

Currently on my 4th recoil spring assembly (roughly 2k rounds before it's due again), 2nd ejector, 2nd trigger (factory got scrapped after 5/600 rounds), 2nd sear housing block, 2nd set of sights.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC

Currently on my 4th recoil spring assembly (roughly 2k rounds before it's due again), 2nd ejector, 2nd trigger (factory got scrapped after 5/600 rounds), 2nd sear housing block, 2nd set of sights.

I roll my own as well.....it's amazing how many I go through on the average range trip knowing I can just make more at a fraction of buying ready made factory stuff.

I pick up a box of factory stuff now and again, but all of my range rounds are home grown.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I roll my own as well.....it's amazing how many I go through on the average range trip knowing I can just make more at a fraction of buying ready made factory stuff.

I pick up a box of factory stuff now and again, but all of my range rounds are home grown.

I was at a 99/1% ratio for the longest time - the 1% would be dedicated carry rounds. Everything else was loaded by me at home - found a nice stable recipe, and haven't deviated from it. It's rewarding knowing that the rounds you make at home, perform as good (sometimes better) as any factory loading - and for less $$.

But with my schedule for the past year, I find myself with a lack of time to spend at the press - so I've been slacking.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

That trigger is amazing. Scary light.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They are awesome, replaced a high mileage barrel on my 686 that cracked, and sent me a revised striker and sear block for my M&P pro after my 2nd "black" striker got light strikes, and I wanted the updated block.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That trigger is amazing. Scary light.

It's about to get revised some. :innocent0

The current setup is dead-on at 3.5#, but that initial pre-travel can (and will) be addressed with my planned revision.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just as I was starting to wonder if S&W sent that slide lock via Pony Express, it's in today's mail - nice. No issues with replacement, installed and functions as it should. :thumbsup:

Had thought about going to the Apex Flat-faced trigger and forward set sear, but figured why not save some money and just work with what I have - Apex's AEK aluminum trigger and hard sear, see if there's any further gains to be had. It's been dead-nuts steady at 3.5# for quite some time, but it did have more initial take-up than I'd have preferred.

Well, that's been addressed. Take-up is now minimal, over-travel now has a mechanical limit - and it still comes in at 3.5# consistently. Took about an hour of time, and $7.50 in materials.

I'm quite pleased with myself.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Just as I was starting to wonder if S&W sent that slide lock via Pony Express, it's in today's mail - nice. No issues with replacement, installed and functions as it should. :thumbsup:

Had thought about going to the Apex Flat-faced trigger and forward set sear, but figured why not save some money and just work with what I have - Apex's AEK aluminum trigger and hard sear, see if there's any further gains to be had. It's been dead-nuts steady at 3.5# for quite some time, but it did have more initial take-up than I'd have preferred.

Well, that's been addressed. Take-up is now minimal, over-travel now has a mechanical limit - and it still comes in at 3.5# consistently. Took about an hour of time, and $7.50 in materials.

I'm quite pleased with myself.
    ...a steady state.

Well done, as always big fella.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Total trigger movement, .205" (measured from bottom of trigger to the factory trigger stop). Pull weight was slightly increased, still under 4# - averaging 3.8 pounds, over 20 pulls.

About an hour of my time, and $7.50 in materials - I'm pleased with the end result.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After shooting and carrying the 32 build for the past few months, got back to the .45 - and holy hell. What a felt difference between a stock Glock FCG (even with the internals polished) and the M&P.

Only thing that is lacking, a nice strong reset. Known weak point on the M&P .45's, going to have to see if that can be addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom