• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    One of the better Chantilly shows, lots of good stuff and minimal junk.
    It was pretty big.

Maybe we need a standard MDS meetup at the show. Like the bottom of every hour at the Maryland Shall Issue booth or something.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I have only been to a few gun shows, mostly in maryland. I didnt buy a gun because I figured it had to be shipped to an FFL. I know if I lived in VA I would have been ok. Was I correct?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Handgun or long gun? A handgun would have to be shipped to a Maryland FFL...federal law but would still need to be on the Maryland handgun roster's approved list for transfer in Maryland. A long gun in Virginia you could buy by filling out a 4473 form and getting the instant background check...and the long gun has to be on Maryland's approved list. A non-banned long gun in Maryland you can buy face-to-face.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I have only been to a few gun shows, mostly in maryland. I didnt buy a gun because I figured it had to be shipped to an FFL. I know if I lived in VA I would have been ok. Was I correct?

Handgun could have been transferred to a Maryland FFL and I know at least one was there so no shipping at all. Of course the handgun would have to been legal in Maryland.
    Long guns are tricky as most out of state dealers do not want to sell to a Maryland resident because they do not want to learn our laws. But as long as it was legal to buy in Maryland you could have purchased it in Virginia.
    You would have to had two forms of ID to buy in Virginia though.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I had no clue that I could get a gun in VA. I did see the MD FFL there, but I didn't see anything I liked (that i could afford). Just curious about the laws. Thank you everyone.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Handgun or long gun? A handgun would have to be shipped to a Maryland FFL...federal law but would still need to be on the Maryland handgun roster's approved list for transfer in Maryland. A long gun in Virginia you could buy by filling out a 4473 form and getting the instant background check...and the long gun has to be on Maryland's approved list. A non-banned long gun in Maryland you can buy face-to-face.

Any handgun manufactured before Jan. 1, 1985, doesn't need to be on the Maryland roster, to be legal to buy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If seller of a long gun is a private individual, you would need to find an FFL to transfer it.

I bought an M1 Carbine at a show in Winchester. I had to try 4 or 5 dealers at the show for one who would do the transfer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I had no clue that I could get a gun in VA. I did see the MD FFL there, but I didn't see anything I liked (that i could afford). Just curious about the laws. Thank you everyone.
    I bought a reasonably-priced Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel there a couple shows back. Non-banned long guns are fine to purchase from a VA FFL.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    What mags did you need? I saw tons! Except the one I wanted, Magpul Gen3 LR/SR in Sand.

Forgot to go back for the ASC Colt SMG mags I saw. For $19.99, I’ll give them a shot...

How much of a discount do you get on mags at the gun show? I'm looking for 2 or 3 M&P 9 mags.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    How much of a discount do you get on mags at the gun show? I'm looking for 2 or 3 M&P 9 mags.

I think you'll find that new mags for current production guns are usually near full retail price, maybe sometimes a little lower depending on the dealer. Of course, you don't have to pay for shipping.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

There is usually a vender there selling pulled NY magazines there for good prices. He is usually about 3 rows in, from the right side of the main hall, about 3/4s of the way back from the front. He will come down on his prices if you buy more than one or two.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    There is usually a vender there selling pulled NY magazines there for good prices. He is usually about 3 rows in, from the right side of the main hall, about 3/4s of the way back from the front. He will come down on his prices if you buy more than one or two.

That's the area where Dennis Todd is set up. He specializes in mags, Magpul and Class 3.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I think you'll find that new mags for current production guns are usually near full retail price, maybe sometimes a little lower depending on the dealer. Of course, you don't have to pay for shipping.

Thanks!

What is a pulled NY Magazine?

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    What about an 18.5 12 gauge Mossberg 500/ Maverick 88 barrel, are they for sell there at reasonable prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom