• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I always caution with what the 5th Circuit did in Mance v. Barr, where they applied strict scrutiny and still decided an infringement isn’t an infringement.

200.gif

Yep, they will just move the bar to fit their ruling.

Last edited:

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Hopefully that happens with Maryland too. Can't carry on state lands unless you are hunting, or the action is open and unloaded or cased.
    It’s a good thing that coyote hunting has such liberal limits, if you have your license. For groundhog or nutria you don’t even need a hunting license. I don’t want to be a test case, so I’ve talked with DNR and NPS rangers to make sure of not getting jammed up. You can get an idea of how they handle it and have not had any issues so far.

The above is not legal advice, just my interpretation of trying to stay within all legal guidelines, including all hunting regs. I often times have a coyote call in my pocket or backpack. I do hear them a lot where I go, but rarely see them. But have seen a lot of bobcats. Would like to see them open up a season on them eventually.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I highly doubt that. To hijack an opinion u have to get four others to side with you more.

I doubt that. Alito and Thomas are like blood brothers when it comes to most issues. Especially the 2A and abortion. (Look at the number of dissents they have joined in together this year as well as prior years)

And ACB is big gun lover as well. Don’t think she wants anything as watered down as roberts would want it.

so…
    Roberts won’t be able to get 4 others.

Also keep in mind that Roberts has already written his opinion for Novemeber.

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Like I said before…

13 opinions left to release before July 1st.

While it surprises me they added Friday as an opinion day. That’s NOT a bad thing.

I still suspect 2 more opinion days before the end of June. not counting June 23rd, and 24th.

The two MOST major cases are the Dobbs abortion issue and NYSPRA gun issue.

Dobbs is a way bigger and way more important case and a bigger issue to everyone then the NYSPRA case is. You don’t see very man if any anti 2A people protesting right now. However you see a ton of Pro-Choice, and Pro lifers protesting.

Therefore… the Dobbs case and the NYSPRA case will not be released on the same day. Also Dobbs will probably be the Last case that is released.

Also keep in mind 4 cases are on HOLD pending the NYSPRA Opinion.
    While they easily could release those 4 cases on the same day. One thing is for sure. They will NOT release those 4 cases prior to the NYSPRA opinion being released. Keeping that in mind. It puts a bigger time constraint on the release of the NYSPRA opinion then the release of any other opinion.

I still fully suspect that NYSPRA will be released on Thursday, Now possibly Friday or even Monday at the latest. However my money is still on Thursday.

I could be totally wrong. i have just looked at all the facts, and discussed with actual lawyers who have argued cases in front of SCOTUS multiple times, and even a former intern of SCOTUS, and this is my educated opinion. However, I could still be wrong.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    I highly doubt that. To hijack an opinion u have to get four others to side with you more.

I doubt that. Alito and Thomas are like blood brothers when it comes to most issues. Especially the 2A and abortion.

And ACB is big gun lover as well. Don’t think she wants anything as watered down as roberts would want it.

so…
    Roberts won’t be able to get 4 others.
    Add what just happened to Kavanaugh and I really don't see him wanting less access to guns.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Add what just happened to Kavanaugh and I really don't see him wanting less access to guns.

I agree with you, He just isnt as gunho as either Thomas or Alito. Thomas would love to write a gun opinion as strongly as Alito has written his Anti-Abortion opinion.

I believe if Thomas were give the chance he would overturn parts of the Heller decision that Scalia watered down because of Kennedy.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Kavanaugh’s Heller II dissent is mostly pretty great. He’s would have found DC’s AWB and registry unconstitutional.

Exactly…. And keep in mind Bianchi v Frosh (AWB case) is one of the 4 cases ON HOLD pending the NYSPRA opinion. A case I believe that will get a PC (Grant, vacate, remand) along with at least a short opinion and probably some dissents from the liberal justices.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Friday opinion day added strikes me much like a FBI/DOJ or other agency document dump day...gives the Justices a few days for any blowback to run it course before they return to work Monday.

Still...I think smart money on the gun and abortion decisions is on the very last day before the Justices adjourn for the season and GTFO of DC for parts unknown and safe. Maybe I'm wrong on that...but I'd rather wait the extra few days for a great ruling than a quicker ruling that either doesn't go our way or is watered down as to be meaningless.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Use a 55gal barrel, loosely fill with rifles, fill remainder with concrete, roll off cliff. Try to hit your boat below. Claim ignorance on ownership of included unserialized ghost guns, ask for boat insurance to be paid in cash.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    The Friday opinion day added strikes me much like a FBI/DOJ or other agency document dump day...gives the Justices a few days for any blowback to run it course before they return to work Monday.

Still...I think smart money on the gun and abortion decisions is on the very last day before the Justices adjourn for the season and GTFO of DC for parts unknown and safe. Maybe I'm wrong on that...but I'd rather wait the extra few days for a great ruling than a quicker ruling that either doesn't go our way or is watered down as to be meaningless.

For the most part I would agree with you. That they would want to release on the last possible day.

Yet they won’t release NYSPRA and Dobbs on the same day. They also have 4 cases on hold pending NYSPRA and need to release that BEFORE they release the 4 cases they have on hold pending this case.

Now they could release NYSPRA on Monday. They would give them enough time to release those 4 other cases before the end of the month.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    5 opinion release days before the end of the session, 5 high profile opinions.

Which of the 5 high profile opinions will be next? I would think (Kennedy v Bremerton) or (Biden v Texas), would be released this week.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    A few more hours --- it's like slow rolling Christmas Day. All the kiddos tossing and turning in bed...anticipation--- some nondescript sound from outside. Could it be...????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom