• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    "Text, history, (and/or) precedent" is mentioned several times in the leaked opinion.

"Text, history, and tradition" was the line in Heller.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    it will be found to be an error some law clerk meant to make copies not fax it to a news organization, simple fat finger with zero malicious intent.....

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    The way this opinion is written, if you take the time to read it. (Dobbs leaked opinion)

With the way they look like they will rule on Dobs, I think we have a very good chance Thomas will write our opinion and knock it out of the ball park.

I also am willing to bet, that because of this leak, they may release the Dobs opinion before the end of the month.

One other thing to note as well, is I am willing to be the First Draft of NYSPRA v Bruen opinion was written around the same time as the Dobs case, because Dons was heard on Nov 1st, and NYSPRA was heard on the 3rd.

I am also willing to bet that our opinion will also be about 90 pages with about 30 of them being the appendix and lists of cases supporting the opinion. No different the what Alito is doing with Dobs.

Also like I have said earlier. There will be three subject areas. With a 6-3, 5-4, and 5-4 split. But all in our favor.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Dobbs will be rushed out now that its leaked. That is what they have done for past leaks. I am surprised they did not already schedule an opinion day to get it out.

Because they need to rush this out, it will postpone other opinions.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Dobbs will be rushed out now that its leaked. That is what they have done for past leaks. I am surprised they did not already schedule an opinion day to get it out.

Look for it next week on Thursday.

The pattern at the end of the term has followed the days where the court is scheduled to work, that is when opinions get released.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

If you believe Roberts statement the work of the court will proceed unchanged. I don't expect them to rush anything. I hope they don't. They seem to be the last piece of our government now wholly owned by politics.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Look for it next week on Thursday.

The pattern at the end of the term has followed the days where the court is scheduled to work, that is when opinions get released.
    Although we could see something as soon as Monday.

If you believe Roberts statement the work of the court will proceed unchanged. I don't expect them to rush anything. I hope they don't. They seem to be the last piece of our government now wholly owned by politics.
    Roberts only made a generic statement. All nine justices are now going to want to get the actual opinion asap. The longer they wait with half an opinion out there, the worse the damage. Basically everyone will treat this unfinished opinion as precedent.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Something I do agree with: The Dobb's opinion makes me think we are getting something much more conservative in NY Guns than I anticipated.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I really really hope your right. Their "We will leave it up to the individual states" scares me a little. My BGOS paranoia has he afraid they will give the same kind of answer on the NY case.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I really really hope your right. Their "We will leave it up to the individual states" scares me a little. My BGOS paranoia has he afraid they will give the same kind of answer on the NY case.
    Abortion will be left to the states because SCOTUS has determined that COTUS does not contain a specific right to the procedure

Gun ownership is a different story. It is enshrined

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom