• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Price drop on the Murom small pistol
    $66 per 1k
    Very good primers for those not familiar with them. They also have the added benefit of coming oriented the correct way to load in primer tubes

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Price drop on the Murom small pistol
    $66 per 1k
    Very good primers for those not familiar with them. They also have the added benefit of coming oriented the correct way to load in primer tubes

ROFL! OK - $109 for shipping. EFF THEM!

Is this place legit?

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I've ordered from them and received what I ordered. Shipping is quoted as $30 for me.

ETA: $34 for 15k delivered to 21037. $68 per 1k delivered.

ETA: Walmart used to sell Turkish ammo. Not a new thing. Do you find that odd?

Last edited:

craig357

Apr 26, 2014
    Powdervalley has Fiocchi SRP's

Fiocchi loaded ammo uses lead styphnate-free primers, which supposedly burns cleaner - not sure these are the same thing, but figured I'll give them a try - price isn't bad by today's standards $120/1500

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Powdervalley has Fiocchi SRP's

Fiocchi loaded ammo uses lead styphnate-free primers, which supposedly burns cleaner - not sure these are the same thing, but figured I'll give them a try - price isn't bad by today's standards $120/1500

Can you vouch for this site? Site is really slow but I need #11 caps.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I have those. Only need SPP if you want to trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have SPP. But I see SPP online in a few places unlike LRP which is out everywhere.

Does anyone know if you can replace any LRP with the BR2 version? Specifically this is for 6.5 Creedmoor.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I don't have SPP. But I see SPP online in a few places unlike LRP which is out everywhere.

Does anyone know if you can replace any LRP with the BR2 version? Specifically this is for 6.5 Creedmoor.
    I'd think suitability depends more on the gun than the cartridge. I wouldn't want to use a sensitive benchrest primer in a gun with a heavy, floating firing pin like a Garand. Odds of an OOB slamfire are still low, but not zero.

Last edited:

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I'd think it's depend more on the gun than the cartridge. I wouldn't want to use a sensitive benchrest primer in a gun with a heavy, floating firing pin like a Garand. Odds of an OOB slamfire are still low, but not zero.

Ah ok thanks I have no idea what the difference is.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Ah ok thanks I have no idea what the difference is.
    IIRC benchrest primers are optimized and QCed for very consistent ignition. As far as brisance (i.e. how "hot" they are), they're standard primers, just a lot more expensive. But for reloading my Garands and others with floating pins, I stick with the CCI #34s because they're specifically made to be less sensitive, so light taps from the FP won't risk setting them off OOB. That said, plenty of people load nothing but "standard" sensitivity primers and have never had an OOB.

Sensitivity is a function of primer compound, anvil height, and, to a lesser extent, the thickness and metallurgy of the cup's metal. Unfortunately manufacturers are stingy with specific information about these properties of their products so we're all stuck with just personal experience and Internet rumor to judge ewhat primer is best for a particular application.

The BR QC you'd be paying extra for wouldn't have any noticeable benefit in target shooting applications unless your creating very precise loads with tightly matched and trued brass.

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Just got this notification...

Are these something you're looking for? I don't even bother posting any small primers (pistol or rifle) any longer, they seem to be available most everywhere I look now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom