• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Sigh....

"You want your can? You'll wait like the rest of those who applied!" - BATFE

Personally, the waiting is ********. But come back when you wait 5.5 months on a eForm 1 SBR that should have come back in 30 days or less. Then you'll have every right to complain.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.
    Mine took 6 months. Better late than never, I suppose.
    EForm 1 an 80% lower for a pcc.

Jan 2, 2022
    Went into the shop where I bought my can yesterday to certify the electronic submission of form 4. You have to create an account to log in and certify. I assume they will email updates as they happen. Hoping for a shorter wait.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Efiled a form 1 on1/9 that's been listed as "pending research" from the beginning. Anyone know how a form currently stays in this phase?

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Efiled a form 1 on1/9 that's been listed as "pending research" from the beginning. Anyone know how a form currently stays in this phase?

Lol. It's all random. I did an eForm 1, and it took 6 months when others were getting theirs back in 2 weeks.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Pending research means that you created a manufacturer or of thin air for a can or a 80% frame and they have to take the time to enter it in the system as a valid manufacturer and verify it as a valid manufacturer. For a can, if you did FMI as the manufacturer, it would show up on the form as FORM 1 REGISTRATION for the manufacturer section. Creating a random name of a manufacturer for a can or 80% frame on a form 1 causes some issues on turnaround times.

If you are doing an SBR and said Aero Precision LLC, you would have a serious issue because it is actually supposed to be Aero Precision LLC (AP2) for the manufacturer section. Also, the manufacturer's address may have been entered incorrectly on the form.

Pending research can take 2 days to a month, depending on what NFA Branch has to do on their side of the computer system.
    Lol. It's all random. I did an eForm 1, and it took 6 months when others were getting theirs back in 2 weeks.
    You are referring to it being "in process" as to your wait. Not "pending research". See above comment.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    If you are doing an SBR and said Aero Precision LLC, you would have a serious issue because it is actually supposed to be Aero Precision LLC (AP2) for the manufacturer section. Also, the manufacturer's address may have been entered incorrectly on the form.

I suspect this is what's happened with me. I'm using an ak receiver by Recreator Blanks and just typed in Recreator Blanks. An option for some kind of manufacturing LLC I'd never heard of with Recreator Blanks after it came up. I ignored that option since that LLCs info was nowhere on the receiver, and searching it online didn't directly lead to Recreator Blanks in any way. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to a hard learned lesson on my part

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So what do you do if you eForm 1 an 80%? Who is the manufacturer to use in order to not get stuck in purgatory? I thought the idea was you were the manufacturer?

Same question for an 870 I want to SBS. Do I put Remington?

Or is this spelled out in a guide somewhere?

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    You are referring to it being "in process" as to your wait. Not "pending research". See above comment.

Actually, Mr. Expert, I AM referring to pending research, because I SBR'd an 80% lower.

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_075256.jpg
      IMG_20220123_075256.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 161

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So what do you do if you eForm 1 an 80%? Who is the manufacturer to use in order to not get stuck in purgatory? I thought the idea was you were the manufacturer?

Same question for an 870 I want to SBS. Do I put Remington?

Or is this spelled out in a guide somewhere?

For the 80% you enter FMI as the manufacturer. FMI is the code for a FORM 1 REGISTRATION where there is no manufacturer other than you. For example, if you were to get a kit from Diversified Machine for a can, you wouldn't say DM is the manufacturer; you would say FMI because you are the manufacturer for cutting the baffles.

As for the 870, you will enter Remington as the manufacturer.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    For the 80% you enter FMI as the manufacturer. FMI is the code for a FORM 1 REGISTRATION where there is no manufacturer other than you. For example, if you were to get a kit from Diversified Machine for a can, you wouldn't say DM is the manufacturer; you would say FMI because you are the manufacturer for cutting the baffles.

As for the 870, you will enter Remington as the manufacturer.

So strange. Remington made the gun but not the SBS. Whatever they say I suppose.

You're a good man Mr. Expert

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I would personally not SBR an 80% lower until it’s been fully spec’d out from top to bottom.

So much of what’s available on the 80% aluminum receiver market is junk.

This, IMO the entire tradeoff of 80%s is that it's a fun project and affordable because of the lack of a transfer fee. The downside is the lack of a protective finish in a lot of places, and the chance of something ending up wrong. For my SBRs, I usually order the lower from a place like RTB or Lanco tactical that will engrave it for a couple bucks before the initial "firearm" transfer on a 4473. Then I build it as a pistol, and if it runs and checks out, only then will I form 1 it, and just slap a stock on it when it's approved. Have had good luck with most, but out of spec stuff happens, even with good factory built lowers, would suck to be out $200+ engraving if something is off, and I didn't catch it before filing the form 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom