• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I neglected to use Lok-Tite on my Spyderco Dragonfly as directed and the screw and clip fell off.

On a whim I sent Spyderco an email last Wednesday about buying replacement parts.

In todays mail was a new clip, screws and tube of Lok-Tite. Free, no charge, not even for shipping :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 18 Jan 21 Syderco Clip + screw.jpg
      18 Jan 21 Syderco Clip + screw.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 191

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've had a similiar experience with them. The customer service (and the best serrated edges anywhere) are enough to make me a loyalist.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I've had a similiar experience with them. The customer service (and the best serrated edges anywhere) are enough to make me a loyalist.

I like the Dragonflys - they are short enough they are legal in the Fed building I work in.

My problem is I will lose one, look for it for a week or so, give up and order another.

About the time the new one shows up, I'll find the old one.

I'll take the old one and put it in my desk, or truck, wife's car, etc.. and get accustom to it being there and won't take it out.

Then the cycle will repeat itself until ..........

Attachments

• Spyderco group January 2022.jpg
      Spyderco group January 2022.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 179

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I love Spyderco , wish i could carry one while working. I have dropped them out of my pockets at my yard and find them days later. I only carry 14 to 18 dollar knives now . I carry more expensive on my personal time

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I carry a 79mm Rescue in the house as a box opener and general purpose knife. I carry a fully serrated Endura at work. With few exceptions, I've carried Spyderco since I was a USCG deckforce member on a buoy tender in 1995.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I neglected to use Lok-Tite on my Spyderco Dragonfly as directed and the screw and clip fell off.

On a whim I sent Spyderco an email last Wednesday about buying replacement parts.

In todays mail was a new clip, screws and tube of Lok-Tite. Free, no charge, not even for shipping :thumbsup:

I had the exact same experience with Spyderco, I am an extremely happy customer. Same with v-Seven, I stripped a centering screw on one of their hand guards, told them what I did and they just shipped it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I carry a 79mm Rescue in the house as a box opener and general purpose knife. I carry a fully serrated Endura at work. With few exceptions, I've carried Spyderco since I was a USCG deckforce member on a buoy tender in 1995.

Out of curiosity, why serrated?

I carry a plain bladed Autonomy 2. I actually use it at work on occasion to remove stubborn dressings. Lol.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Out of curiosity, why serrated?

When I was Coast Guard they were better on lines when I worked on deck. As an electronics tech, they were great on small coax cable, phone wires and zip ties if I didn't have the right tools with me. As a cop, they're great on seat belts. Being a lazy knife sharpener is the final piece since they don't need it nearly as often.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When I was Coast Guard they were better on lines when I worked on deck. As an electronics tech, they were great on small coax cable, phone wires and zip ties if I didn't have the right tools with me. As a cop, they're great on seat belts. Being a lazy knife sharpener is the final piece since they don't need it nearly as often.

Maybe I need to rethink my carry knife. I can find a partially serrated blade. Seatbelts are always a possibility for anyone. Reminds me, was cycling through my med kit. Gotta get that back in the car. Thanks for the input, gents.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Spyderco used to have mediocre service, but it has gotten pretty good in the last few years. They will fix most things, but won't/can't replace blades, and outside of clips, most everything else needs to go back to them for work. Benchmade has good service too, will fix most things for free, they charge for deep carry clips, and will replace blades for $20-$30 typically provided they have one. ZT IMO is the king of mid-level production knife warranties, they will fix pretty much everything under warranty, sharpen for free, they have an online catalog of clips, bearings, bushings, screws etc, and will send them free of charge, or $10 for some machined/specialty pivots. ZT will replace any blade they have parts in stock for, if there is basically ANYTHING not caused by obvious damage it's free, otherwise it's $40 no questions asked.
    View attachment 332282

Attachments

• 20220118_190930.jpg
      20220118_190930.jpg
      120.8 KB · Views: 102

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    So I finally bent a clip. Going to contact them to get a new one but out of curiosity will these retain their strength if you put them in a vice and bend back or are they done?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I really want to like my Naitive 5, but, I find it too stiff for one handed opening. Maybe just mine, but I don’t have much experience with Spyderco. I really love my Benchmade 940-1. I had eyed up a paramilitary 2 at one time, but I’m gun-shy now. Also, I guess I just don’t get the hole :outta her

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom