• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Kev, I'll just roll with the punches. I know enough about computers to know if you don't keep up you end with more problems than we'll have with adapting to something new.

It would be nice if the search button accepted more than one word.

Do what ya gotta doooo.

(I've never needed the "ignore"...what's wrong with me?)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Based on all the requests for niceties (that sounds gay), it's obvious many members didn't have to walk to school 20 miles, both ways, uphill, in the snow, without shoes.

Millennials.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    So, for now, Tapatalk stays. But it will be more responsive to mobile.

All data, PMs and such will remain and convert over. And I will keep that data for some time in case of a glitch so that it is there to capture later. The PM system though, called CONVERSATIONS will just look different. I will have pictorial tutorials for it. It is backed up in 2 places.

The classified system is the big hang-up, funny VBulletin 3 actually has a system. There is a paid one for Xenforo, seems similar in some ways so I will test it.

The editor when posting works easier, upload photos easier, and so on.

The design: QUESTION...
    Does everyone like the font sizes? Spacing? The font seems a bit small but curious what everyone wants? I can have some do the design as opposed to me doing it and try and keep it as close to what it is as possible.

And yes I may need a tester or 2.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The world has gone straight downhill ever since we switched from clay tablets to papyrus.

Frankly, we were doing fine painting on the walls of caves with red ochre and reindeer fat.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    So, for now, Tapatalk stays. But it will be more responsive to mobile.

All data, PMs and such will remain and convert over. And I will keep that data for some time in case of a glitch so that it is there to capture later. The PM system though, called CONVERSATIONS will just look different. I will have pictorial tutorials for it. It is backed up in 2 places.

The classified system is the big hang-up, funny VBulletin 3 actually has a system. There is a paid one for Xenforo, seems similar in some ways so I will test it.

The editor when posting works easier, upload photos easier, and so on.

The design: QUESTION...
    Does everyone like the font sizes? Spacing? The font seems a bit small but curious what everyone wants? I can have some do the design as opposed to me doing it and try and keep it as close to what it is as possible.

And yes I may need a tester or 2.

Current font works for me. Literally the only thing i don't like about the site is the photo uploads in Classifieds but it sounds like that'll be handled.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    In the long run handle the business , i am sure there will still be pissing and moaning for whatever happens just the way it works . I know maybe what i said will as well .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd prefer a "Show only sigs that are only one line." I don't mind sigs, it's just a shame that in order to see them, I also have to see the ones that take up a third of every single screen that user posts on, every time, always, forever. An alternative would be a feature that collapses novel-length sigs into a single link that says "see long signature."
    Or like when someone has 6 different quoted sentences from comments of others.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Mods -
    You guys work hard. I will roll with whatever you deem is the easiest to set up and manage.
    The current font is fine.
    Yea!!... Better Classifieds!

Thank you to all those who keep this place running!!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Mods -
    You guys work hard. I will roll with whatever you deem is the easiest to set up and manage.
    The current font is fine.
    Yea!!... Better Classifieds!

Thank you to all those who keep this place running!!

I think the thing to remind everyone about with the Classifieds is that it was actually a pretty good system when implemented, and when people took two seconds to learn how to use it.

The issue for some time is that it was a third-party plugin for V-Bulletin and was discontinued as far as support and upgrades. There have been recognized gaps with it, but in the absence of anything better it's what we had to work with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom