• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I would suggest anyone dealing with Gym Ratz thru PMs download those, you never know where that may go.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I would suggest anyone dealing with Gym Ratz thru PMs download those, you never know where that may go.

Good point

Mods - will any records stand the potential to be lost? Even accidentally. I guess that's a bit silly to ask as you wouldn't plan for accidentally losing data

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I totally understand not having the likes/dislikes but the tagging via "@username" feature is extremely useful when you're soliciting information from a particular member but you still want the discussion public for general input.
    I can't understand why people hated it. Using the @username tagger is better than an endless quote chain.

Make your post, and then send that person a PM.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    The xenforo stuff is pretty good. After a week or so, most folks get use to us. Two other places I frequent switched in the last couple years. A little grumble, they folks settle in.

The search function works well. The like button does seem to make it easier than doing +1 posts that just take up space.

Also, confirm you message settings when you transfer. Pm changes to conversations, and there are user preferences that effect some of that stuff … like who can see what… etc.

I have not seen an equal of NEW without /WF type thing there, but maybe the admins on those sites didn’t configure that feature.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I’d like to be able to ignore people signature lines. Everyone i have on ignore is due to their insanely long sig line, not because I have an issue with them or what they post.
    You don't like seeing how many NRA instructor vest patches people have? Lol

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I’d like to be able to ignore people signature lines. Everyone i have on ignore is due to their insanely long sig line, not because I have an issue with them or what they post.

This is already available, under:

UserCP/EditOptions/ThreadDisplayOptions/VisiblePostElements

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is already available, under:

UserCP/EditOptions/ThreadDisplayOptions/VisiblePostElements

I'd prefer a "Show only sigs that are only one line." I don't mind sigs, it's just a shame that in order to see them, I also have to see the ones that take up a third of every single screen that user posts on, every time, always, forever. An alternative would be a feature that collapses novel-length sigs into a single link that says "see long signature."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom