• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The few WMs I have been in since Wed have had a pretty good selection of ammo except for .22 and 9mm. On the other hand, prices have gone up to just about what you pay at a range for it. Federal is now the sane price as WWB. It used to be several $$ a box cheaper. Best deal is to find a 100 rd val pack and save about $6-8 vs 2 boxes of 50.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Walmart in Dundalk still has probably 6-8 cans of 5.56 and a good amount of everything else except .22 the problem is the prices 40 S&W was kind of expensive to me, it's cheaper to just buy it at freestate when I go which is funny to me

Hahahaha! FreeState has it cheaper! 9mm = $299/case, 40cal = $320/case, 45cal = $340/case, 556 = $215/500rds. Cash prices.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Walmart in Dundalk still has probably 6-8 cans of 5.56 and a good amount of everything else except .22 the problem is the prices 40 S&W was kind of expensive to me, it's cheaper to just buy it at freestate when I go which is funny to me

It's cheaper at Freestate because they are sellign ammo that they probably purchased in the past couple months.

Remember in the first couple months fallowing the panic when Dicks and Wal-Mart still had the same prices as they always did. Then you saw Dicks prices go up a month or so before Wal-Mart. This is because they were both selling ammo that they purchased in the months prior to the panic. Wal-Mart just purchased more of it which is why it stayed cheaper there for a longer period of time.

Now Wal-Mart is stuck selling ammo they most likely purchased back in the height of the panic and Freestate is selling ammo they purchased a month or so ago.

In a few more months, you will see the prices at Wal-Mart drop back down. They are removing their 3 box limit which is a good sign.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's cheaper at Freestate because they are sellign ammo that they probably purchased in the past couple months.

Remember in the first couple months fallowing the panic when Dicks and Wal-Mart still had the same prices as they always did. Then you saw Dicks prices go up a month or so before Wal-Mart. This is because they were both selling ammo that they purchased in the months prior to the panic. Wal-Mart just purchased more of it which is why it stayed cheaper there for a longer period of time.

Now Wal-Mart is stuck selling ammo they most likely purchased back in the height of the panic and Freestate is selling ammo they purchased a month or so ago.

In a few more months, you will see the prices at Wal-Mart drop back down. They are removing their 3 box limit which is a good sign.

This makes sense, I agree.

As much as possible I prefer to support local gun shops and buy from them over Walmart or out of state vendors. I'm willing to pay a little more at my local gun shop, helps them keep the lights on; and I go in and look maybe 5-10 visits for every one time I might make an expensive purchase, so buying a box of ammo, or some accessories from them every other visit or so keeps everything in balance. Don't get me wrong, if I they are gouging I'll look else where. I do like trying new ammo by the box from local gun shops. If I like the ammo, I'll compare prices online or make them an offer by case. Trust me, they want and need our business. Support your local gun shop. I've found overall they charge very reasonable and competitive prices.

For anyone that might not know, when you pay cash you save yourself and the gun shop money, because the credit card companies charge the shop about 3% extra. Pay cash when you can. Some shops will give you all of the discount and it makes their life easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom