Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 18th, 2019, 09:04 AM #41
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Meanwhile back at Post #29 , and G&P's observations .

I occasionally recieve mild grief for being unabashed Single Issue Voter . But as G&P points out , positions on Gun Rights are by far the best Litmus Test for small government , personal freedom, and following the Constitution .

Moderately strong correlation to also being " conservative " . But there are " pro- business neo-cons " who are anti- gun , and pro-gun libertarians .

If we were in someplace like Texas , we would have the delema of long time supporters strongly backing Shall Issue vs ideological purists favoring Con Carry . But we aren't faced with those " problems " .
As much as I don't like it in the abstract, I'd rather have a relatively easy shall-issue permit system than a concarry where liberals can whine that "unlicensed, untrained people can carry loaded guns in public." We have limited resources, and this just isn't a fight that I think is worth picking at this point.
GlocksAndPatriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:13 AM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
When it comes up in conversation, and the response to under 2% is: "well the big school shootings" make sure to state the fact that the largest fatality school shooting ever in the US was Virginia tech with handgun. So it s not speculation that that handgun is better at killing more, it is a fact. At Va-tech Cho was able to tuck handgun in his clothes very easily and move from target area to fresh target area, even walking past campus security running around. There is no evidence whatsoever that AR-15 would be more fatal in any school shootings since we already now the worst one was with handgun.
Exactly, and I've made that point to liberals many times. A rifle's advantage over a handgun is in its accuracy and range. Other than in Las Vegas, not a single mass shooting in recent history would not have been just as deadly with a Glock 19 and a bunch of magazines. Mass shooters like ARs because they're emotionally disturbed and the rifles look scary, but that's not to say that these people won't use a substitute if an AR is not available. They certainly will, as history dictated.
GlocksAndPatriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 09:31 AM #43

Yup , Bath school explosion.
The other was Happyland Social Club, NYC.

And the attempted shool ( college) mass shooting that was stopped before becoming " mass" by intervention of armed students was Appalachian School of Law in Virginia .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues