• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    Having problems getting the cartridge latch assembly out. I punched out the short roll pin from right side just below the bolt release. It holds in the pin the holds the whole assembly in. Found online to use paper clip to push it from the top and out the bottom. Mine won't budge. Hard to get any pressure on it. I am guessing it has to come out from the bottom as the roll pin is on the bottom. Any thoughts on how to get it out? I should add that you can't get a punch in to drive it out from top to bottom. That is the issue.

Last edited:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Having problems getting the cartridge latch assembly out. I punched out the short roll pin from right side just below the bolt release. It holds in the pin the holds the whole assembly in. Found online to use paper clip to push it from the top and out the bottom. Mine won't budge. Hard to get any pressure on it. I am guessing it has to come out from the bottom as the roll pin is on the bottom. Any thoughts on how to get it out? I should add that you can't get a punch in to drive it out from top to bottom. That is the issue.

Just today a man was telling another person about this on a A 400 should have paid close attention . What i can tell ya is that their is a spring that will fly out . Sorry wish i had more

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    yeh there is a spring that I can see. not really concerned about that. It is pretty big (diameter) spring so not worried about losing it too much. I can't push the pin out. videos show it sliding right out. mine won't move at all.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    got it. I taped things up with masking tape (so no goo) then duct tape over that to protect finish. Found a small nail with head that was right diameter. Cut it to right length so it stuck just about 1/4" above hole near ejection port. I put needle nose vice grips on top of the head and hit it with the small hammer I use with my punches. After a few hits, the nail head went flush with gun, the pin then pushed out.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    got it. I taped things up with masking tape (so no goo) then duct tape over that to protect finish. Found a small nail with head that was right diameter. Cut it to right length so it stuck just about 1/4" above hole near ejection port. I put needle nose vice grips on top of the head and hit it with the small hammer I use with my punches. After a few hits, the nail head went flush with gun, the pin then pushed out.

The you tube vid makes it look so easy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom