• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hi all, have a friend that is looking for a local Cerakote person. Upper and lower so they’d need to have their FFL. I haven’t used anyone locally for Cerakote so recommendations appreciated.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    If your friend is out my way, both Walt Frear and Tim Hafer have done impeccable cerakote jobs for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh

Attachments

• JD=AR.JPG
      JD=AR.JPG
      46.1 KB · Views: 348

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Hi all, have a friend that is looking for a local Cerakote person. Upper and lower so they’d need to have their FFL. I haven’t used anyone locally for Cerakote so recommendations appreciated.

Engage Armament in Rockville does nice work

Gun Metal in Millersville does good work but not sure if they have their FFL. Last check they just did 80% lowers
    Gun Metal has their FFL unless something has changed since last year. They were manufacturing rifles and doing custom milling on pistols.
    I have never used them or been to the shop but the work on their website and the stuff they posted here when they were an IP all looked pretty nice.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Try Hanover Armory near BWI. I’ve had a Ruger Precision Rifle done, and a Remington 700. Great quality, good pricing. Good folks there too.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I know Bollinger Gunsmithing in Taneytown does cerakote work but I don't know if that it too much of a drive. I like the shop but I have not had them do any of that work for me. And I believe Hannover Armory near BWI was mentioned. I have only popped in once but I liked them well enough to plan a return visit. Did not have any work done their either.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Excuse the dumb question....but why does someone need an FFL to cerakote a gun?

(I believe you all. I just don't know why.)

I was told by a jewelry store that also laser engraves guns that there is something about taking possession of Firearms for their business that can cause problems with the FFL but I don't know. Just a guess.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Excuse the dumb question....but why does someone need an FFL to cerakote a gun?

(I believe you all. I just don't know why.)

Because you can't just legally hand a firearm over to just anybody. That is why a gunsmith needs an FFL just to do repairs. Guns must be logged in to an A&D book..unless the repair can be done on the spot without keeping the firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom