• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    Any 'smiths in middle to southern maryland do high-quality slide grinding on a pistol so a red dot may be accommodated? Not liking the "turnaround" time I'm being quoted by some on-line shops. Thank you. :)

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just a heads up, you will void most firearm warranties by milling the slide. Does your handgun mfg offer a slide with a red dot pre mounted? That should keep you in warranty compliance. If you’re not concerned with a warranty get it milled. fred55

Last edited:

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Any 'smiths in middle to southern maryland do high-quality slide grinding on a pistol so a red dot may be accommodated? Not liking the "turnaround" time I'm being quoted by some on-line shops. Thank you. :)
    When I was looking to have my Glock slide machined, I saw the same thing re: return time. When I looked closer, it was mostly because of refinishing. Shops do refinishing in a batch. Just a machining job, with no refinish, was a much quicker turnaround.

I think Battlewerx took a week door-to-door for my RMR slide cut, no refinish. I'll put some cold blue on there, and some grease. I think it'll be ok.

Last edited:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick

Might be worth contacting Walt Frear at triggerdoctor.com. He did an impeccable job for me on a recent sig229 40SW > 9mm conversation and rebuild.

No slide milling on my project but impeccable craftsman

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if you can't find a local, check out zeroed in armory. i bought two slides from them (at different times) and they did some lightening cutouts as well as milled them for vortex vipers. they got them back out within 7-10 days.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used Battle Werx. Turnaround was just about a month. RMR cut and had the whole slide nitrided. $150. I just got the notification that my slide is on its way home. I can update once it arives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom