• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I did a little searching and didn't find much on these...

I kind of like the G-CODE RTI system as it will allow me to put my Safariland holster on my HSGI SGPB with a low-profile mount. The Safariland MOLLE system seems bulky and mostly designed with chest rigs and drop-leg rigs in mind (not my thing). I use either a gun belt (Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt) or the SGPB war belt.

Now, on their site I see links to airsoft videos and such but know of a few people who have used these with actual firearms and they are good to go. At least the adapters (which are made of aluminum) and mounts (plastic, like what everyone else uses) are pretty simple, and just attachment holsters. I'm really only interested in bolting Safariland holsters up to this RTI system..

So I posted this on the Training/Safety section because I wanted to see if any instructors know of students who have brought them to classes, and if they had any problems. I don't want something that's gonna break off my belt and leave my pistol on the ground...

Any comments/criticism are welcome.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I use the RTI, and have just about every accessory (belt slide, med ride 1.5 drip, paddle etc). Short story is it works and I like the system. One holster, and I can use the paddle when I am messing about the house and dont need to, or want to, put on a belt or I have my crummy belt on and not a legit gun belt. Belt slide for IDPA (when I dont feel like using my carry rig) or when I do I have a good belt on. The 1.5 drop is incorporated in my HSGI padded belt + Jones tactical belt. I shoot a SIG 226 and a G19 so I have one Safariland ALS for each gun and can easily swap everything around.

I got introduced to the system at a Haley Strategic class and the owner of the company was shooting in the class and brought a bunch of stuff for demo and sale (at a great price so I gobbled some up to try out and haven’t looked back). I haven’t used the G-Code holsters myself because I like the Safariland ALS system but Haley uses the RTI and G-Code holsters now and he seemed happy with it.

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    I run a near-identical setup to what you are considering. Thoughts:

1). Natchezss.com has a lot of G-Code products labeled "Eagle RTI", and is selling them for 50% of G-code's pricing, including the Safariland RTI adaptors. Holsters are cheap, too; although they just had a blowout sale.

2). The drop-offset holster mount looks good and functional, but stays rigid relative to the belt, and I've found that I prefer the holster to move with my waist and not dig in to my thigh. Experiment with the drop mount and Molle warbelt mount to see what works best. I just ordered the warbelt MOLLE RTI mount and will see how it works vs. The drop-offset.

3) The g-code paddle sucks, but is usable.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I run a near-identical setup to what you are considering. Thoughts:

1). Natchezss.com has a lot of G-Code products labeled "Eagle RTI", and is selling them for 50% of G-code's pricing, including the Safariland RTI adaptors. Holsters are cheap, too; although they just had a blowout sale.

2). The drop-offset holster mount looks good and functional, but stays rigid relative to the belt, and I've found that I prefer the holster to move with my waist and not dig in to my thigh. Experiment with the drop mount and Molle warbelt mount to see what works best. I just ordered the warbelt MOLLE RTI mount and will see how it works vs. The drop-offset.

3) The g-code paddle sucks, but is usable.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. You know who this is right? ;) The only people I've seen use the G-CODE stuff have been you and AJ.

I think I will give this stuff a try. The MOLLE universal type holster I got from HSGI kinda sucks, but I love their belt. Definitely want to adapt Safariland holsters to it. :thumbsup:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have one that I got at a rraffle at an IDPA event, it was a lefty so I guess that's why it didn't get picked up. I love it, it's a belt slide and is a great piece of gear.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    So far their paddle has been fine for what I use it for. Which is just to wear around the house. I wore it around yesterday with the G19 w/ TLR1 with a pair of gym shorts, worked great.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    So far their paddle has been fine for what I use it for. Which is just to wear around the house. I wore it around yesterday with the G19 w/ TLR1 with a pair of gym shorts, worked great.

Nice. I need to get a light-capable holster for my G19. I'm definitely ordering some G-CODE kit in the near future.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    All my holsters are Safariland ALS.

I only have one so far but I trust them and will be getting more down the road.

I just ordered an adapter for the 6377 I currently have, along with belt slide and 3 row MOLLE RTI adapters from Natchez, their prices were excellent (many things half off as dwhaley said). Thanks for the recommendations guys. :thumbsup:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    So I'm sad... My G-CODE stuff arrived from Natchez a couple days ago and I only had time to pick it up today. I will say Natchez's shipping was VERY fast, and the packaging discreet (good since I live in an apt and my packages go to the mail room).

Well the damn RTI MOLLE adapter I ordered covers 4 vertical rows of MOLLE so it doesn't exactly work on my SGPB. I should have paid more attention and ordered THIS one: http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA87.html

So I now have THIS that I don't need: http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=EYCA03020024&src=exrbSrch

I'm selling it for $20 if anyone wants it... I don't have a chest rig or anything with large areas of MOLLE for this to mount to. PM me if you want it.

Another minor issue, if you order the adapter plate (APT RTI Hanger) from Natchez, it won't come with the correct screws. The Safariland screws have a large rounded head that prevent the plate from getting close enough to the RTI "wheel" to lock in. The adapter plate is counterbored, so I'll have to swing by HD/Lowes today and pick up some flat head machine screws. At least I ordered a belt slide adapter so I can run around and be tactical until I order the proper adapter for the SGBP...

Aside from these products being difficult to order (I have gotten most of my good info from forum posts, not the website of the manufacturer or retailers...) they seem very well made. The hanger adapter especially looks very robust... I'll be converting all my "combat" holster systems to Safariland with these RTI hangers!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So I'm sad... My G-CODE stuff arrived from Natchez a couple days ago and I only had time to pick it up today. I will say Natchez's shipping was VERY fast, and the packaging discreet (good since I live in an apt and my packages go to the mail room).

Well the damn RTI MOLLE adapter I ordered covers 4 vertical rows of MOLLE so it doesn't exactly work on my SGPB. I should have paid more attention and ordered THIS one: http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA87.html

So I now have THIS that I don't need: http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=EYCA03020024&src=exrbSrch

I'm selling it for $20 if anyone wants it... I don't have a chest rig or anything with large areas of MOLLE for this to mount to. PM me if you want it.

Another minor issue, if you order the adapter plate (APT RTI Hanger) from Natchez, it won't come with the correct screws. The Safariland screws have a large rounded head that prevent the plate from getting close enough to the RTI "wheel" to lock in. The adapter plate is counterbored, so I'll have to swing by HD/Lowes today and pick up some flat head machine screws. At least I ordered a belt slide adapter so I can run around and be tactical until I order the proper adapter for the SGBP...

Aside from these products being difficult to order (I have gotten most of my good info from forum posts, not the website of the manufacturer or retailers...) they seem very well made. The hanger adapter especially looks very robust... I'll be converting all my "combat" holster systems to Safariland with these RTI hangers!

Im pretty sure HSGI carries G Code RTI Plates that works with their belts. You may want to contact them.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    That whole crew, HSGI, GCODE, Travis Haley, RD are all pretty tight and use each others stuff a lot.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Im pretty sure HSGI carries G Code RTI Plates that works with their belts. You may want to contact them.

I found it on the official G-CODE site, just waiting for payday.

In the ridiculous circle of gun collector logic, I now have a MOLLE adapter that doesn't fit any gear I currently have. Solution? Buy gear that fits it. I'm thinking a MOLLE chest rig for no reason at all... But I'll probably just keep this one until someone else needs to buy it. I listed my 4-row adapter in the classifieds if anyone is interested...

Next after I get this damn 3-row adapter I need to replace the crappy "duty" belt on my SGPB and get the Cobra belt I should have gotten in the first place. Then maybe add another double-decker TACO and I'm good. :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I found it on the official G-CODE site, just waiting for payday.

In the ridiculous circle of gun collector logic, I now have a MOLLE adapter that doesn't fit any gear I currently have. Solution? Buy gear that fits it. I'm thinking a MOLLE chest rig for no reason at all... But I'll probably just keep this one until someone else needs to buy it. I listed my 4-row adapter in the classifieds if anyone is interested...

Next after I get this damn 3-row adapter I need to replace the crappy "duty" belt on my SGPB and get the Cobra belt I should have gotten in the first place. Then maybe add another double-decker TACO and I'm good. :thumbsup:

I have the HSGI SGPB and 2 Double Decker Tacos (Pistil/Rifle). Im have the Cobra Belt so Im not sure how much of an improvement it is ober a std duty belt.

I have also found that while the HSGI Belt is great, once its loaded out it still should have suspenders. It wont sag or move without suspenders but with suspenders its more solid.

Personally Im not a big Plate Carier proponent, I wear a HSGI AO SMall Chest Rig.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have the HSGI SGPB and 2 Double Decker Tacos (Pistil/Rifle). Im have the Cobra Belt so Im not sure how much of an improvement it is ober a std duty belt.

I have also found that while the HSGI Belt is great, once its loaded out it still should have suspenders. It wont sag or move without suspenders but with suspenders its more solid.

Personally Im not a big Plate Carier proponent, I wear a HSGI AO SMall Chest Rig.

I'm considering suspenders as well. Let me tell you the standard duty belt is crap. I used to buckle it in the front, and if I bent over, the duty belt buckle would hit the buckle on my Instructor Belt (which holds my pants up), and even with one "tooth" of the buckle disengaged the entire belt would just pop open and fly on the ground. I re-configured the belt to have the buckle at 4-o'clock behind my right hip, and while it works better it still pops off now and then. I like the belt somewhat tight (as it's designed to be) but if it can't stay on when just f'ing around at the range or while practicing mag changes, I can't trust it.

I want to start taking some classes but want my gear to be 100% reliable before I make a fool of myself in front of everyone. :toothless

Big vests are no bueno for me either. I see BlueForce Gear has a new chest rig out that is a single piece of composite material that is compatible with MOLLE-attaching pouches/equipment. Looks very weird but if it works it weighs almost nothing and can be configured how you want it.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    My rig has been fine without suspenders (3 rifle, 2 pistol, medkit, Leatherman MUT and my G19), I am a skinny bastard, so that might make a difference. :D

I see people wearing the big 2” belts inside the padded systems but I prefer the 1.5 inch belts versus the bigger belts. I tried wearing my Jones Fat Zombie belt (2" belt) and it was just way too big and didnt allow the padded belt to flex and move with me. The 1.5 cobra is perfect, stiff enough to not allow any shenanigans but thin and flexible enough to allow the rig to move with me.

Cobra buckles are awesome, same yourself some trouble, skip the old plastic fastex or whatever they are, and just drop the cash for the good stuff. If the cobra is in tension it will not release. I like my rig nice and snug and sometimes its a pain to get off because I have to try and loosen it to get the buckle to release. . . usually I have to breath out like I am squeezing through a tight spot in a cave :lol2: I have had one instance where one side of the cobra got hit and was released but the buckle did not come undone, I just saw it in between drills and clicked it back into position. (I was practicing going prone, so me slamming full force into the ground must of pressed the buckle just right)

Also, with the cobra you have a buckle that is rated, loads wise, just about on par with the webbing its attached to. So you could pull your buddies truck out of the mud with it :cool:(note: I don’t really know if the belt could take this, but it would make a cool picture :D).

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm considering suspenders as well. Let me tell you the standard duty belt is crap. I used to buckle it in the front, and if I bent over, the duty belt buckle would hit the buckle on my Instructor Belt (which holds my pants up), and even with one "tooth" of the buckle disengaged the entire belt would just pop open and fly on the ground. I re-configured the belt to have the buckle at 4-o'clock behind my right hip, and while it works better it still pops off now and then. I like the belt somewhat tight (as it's designed to be) but if it can't stay on when just f'ing around at the range or while practicing mag changes, I can't trust it.

I want to start taking some classes but want my gear to be 100% reliable before I make a fool of myself in front of everyone. :toothless

Big vests are no bueno for me either. I see BlueForce Gear has a new chest rig out that is a single piece of composite material that is compatible with MOLLE-attaching pouches/equipment. Looks very weird but if it works it weighs almost nothing and can be configured how you want it.

It may depend on your body wether you require suspenders. I keep my SGPB tight and it sags slightly at the top. It dosent unbuckle, move, or shift but there is slight sagging. The suspenders prevent that. The HSGI suspenders have molle on the shoulders and back too for a radio, admin pouch or for attaching a camelback.

Im 5'10 and I weigh 200. Im not not small or big.

The AO Chest Rig goes right over my suspenders. or you can run the AO Chest Rig Harness theough the shoulder pads to integrate them. I prefer no to integrate so I can dump gear as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom