• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Any of you NRA certified or a Military or Police Instructor interested in making some $ on the side for a few one-on-one trainings with my son?

My son is 19. He is enlisted in the USMC. He was scheduled to leave May 23rd, but he burned his hand and the Doctor at MEPS wouldn't clear him, so he's been pushed back until September.

He is staying with me for a little bit. He loves going to the range and helping me work on ARs and SKS'. I've had him to the pistol range a couple times, but he always wants to go back to the rifle range. Honestly, he isn't very good with a pistol. He gets discouraged. I've tried to help him, and I see some improvement, but I have no formal training myself. I thought it would be beneficial to get him some professional training before he heads off to basic.

I'm an AGC member, so ideally, would want to do it there. Willing to travel, though.

Anyone interested, reply to this thread or shoot me a PM and let me know what you would suggest as well as prices.

Thanks.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No, it assumes that the military and civilian instructors teach things differently.

Ask a Navy diver and a civilian diver, scuba, how they do things.

There is very little difference in the two if the instructor knows what they are doing. I have seen way to many instructors who are clueless and can't shoot themselves let alone teach someone else to shoot.

A sight picture and the fundamentals of shooting a handgun do not change from civilian to military, what changes are the rules of engagement.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    There is very little difference in the two if the instructor knows what they are doing. I have seen way to many instructors who are clueless and can't shoot themselves let alone teach someone else to shoot.

A sight picture and the fundamentals of shooting a handgun do not change from civilian to military, what changes are the rules of engagement.

why on earth would an instructor want to shoot himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom