• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    http://wjhl.com/2016/10/20/arizona-...stricter-gun-control-laws-in-nations-capitol/

POTOMAC FALLS, Va. (AP) – Former Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords will be pushing for gun-control laws in the nation’s capital and in a competitive northern Virginia congressional district.

Giffords will join Democratic candidate LuAnn Bennett for a forum on preventing gun violence on Thursday morning. Bennett is challenging Republican Rep. Barbara Comstock in Virginia’s 10th District.

Giffords will also push for new gun laws in Washington on Thursday with Democratic District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser and the leaders of national women’s groups.

The District’s tough gun-control laws have been weakened by a series of court decisions.

Giffords, a Democrat, was wounded in a mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, in 2011.

After leaving office, she launched a political-action committee calling for universal background checks for gun purchases, among other gun-control measures.

Here's to hoping Comstock wins.

Anyone know what stricter gun control is? Guessing, the McAweful no guns in gov buildings push. no fly no buy, and maybe wait times? Not sure where NVA is lacking gun control. last time I bought a gun I had to do a background check like anyone else.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Can't have local gun laws that are different than state law, so Giffords can suck it.

The problem is, like MoCo and Annapolis residents have found out, is that asshats will pass laws anyway that are not legal under preemption statutes but they live on on the Internet for namby-pamby vendors to find and then they refuse sales shipment to those areas.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    http://wjhl.com/2016/10/20/arizona-...stricter-gun-control-laws-in-nations-capitol/

Anyone know what stricter gun control is? Guessing, the McAweful no guns in gov buildings push. no fly no buy, and maybe wait times? Not sure where NVA is lacking gun control. last time I bought a gun I had to do a background check like anyone else.

Gabby and Space Cadet are leveraging their PAC in her race.

http://augustafreepress.com/americans-responsible-solutions-pac-getting-involved-comstock-race/

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Looking at your title the first thought I had was "Why does the North Vietnamese Army need stricter gun control"?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's really sad how the antis rushed in to exploit the tragic incident; and its heart breaking how that former Senator is being touted around for sympathy votes. Do you really want a lawyer representing you that couldn't pass the bar because of a lack of mental ability? Then would you really vote for someone to represent you out of pity or sympathy if they really were not up to the job?

Shows the depths some Democrats will go to push an unpopular agenda. Does Virginia have closed Primaries like Maryland?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Just a guess but the same crap as before, gun show "loophole", internet "loophole",exc. As far as DC goes I'm not sure, it's about as strict as it's going to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom