• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    I'm looking for a 9mm carbine with a a 16 inch barrel and a folding stock for under $600. I'm actually very surprised to see how few options there are out there that fit this criteria.

If Hi-Point offered a folding stock on the 995TS, that would basically fit the bill. A Sub-2000 might work too, though I don't feel like paying 175% of the retail price.

Any suggestions?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sub2k which when you can usually find on the secondary market someone wants 600 for (as previously mentioned)

The ANX-9 which is out of your price range and I'm not sure about MD Legality yet

Build a 9mm AR (out of price range)

Or the Marlin Camp 9 with a butler creek stock and with the stock it looks HORRIBLE (also a little out of price range)

G17 with a Roni which requires a 200 tax stamp and doesn't work well suppressed (also out of price range)

JR Carbine can be adapted for a folding stock as well (also out of your price range)

Lastly Chippa Citadel 9mm carbine can apparently fit ANY M1 stock so there's that option (out of price range)

If your noticing a pattern here it's not cuz I'm not trying to find you what you need it's because you need to expand one part of your criteria (CASH).

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Beretta Storm is about 29" long total.
    Not folding but as short as you can get legally and it's a great little rifle.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    G17 with a Roni which requires a 200 tax stamp and doesn't work well suppressed (also out of price range)
    Fails the OAL test, so not an option.

I would also vote for a Sub-2k Gen2. I think it's a flawed rifle in some ways, but if you want something compact, it's hard to beat.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fails the OAL test, so not an option.

I would also vote for a Sub-2k Gen2. I think it's a flawed rifle in some ways, but if you want something compact, it's hard to beat.

Thank you. I'm not a rifle guy so I always forget about is stupid addition.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    maybe a masterpiece arms defender carbine?
    mpa9300sst-9mm-rifle1-300x300.jpg

you could probably find a used one in your price range. i'm pretty sure they're md legal, since the pistol versions are... but then again ak pistols are okay but ak rifles are not :sad20:

i've got the mini 9mm pistol and it's a lot of fun to shoot as well as surprisingly accurate. one 32rnd mag at 25ft; half slow fire, half quick fire

the grip ergos are not great, though. feels like i'm holding a brick with a trigger

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The Sub2K 9mm with the mag option to match your current 9mm pistol would be your best option for the criteria given. It is offered in several pistol magazine configs. So that will save you $$$ in mag purchases. Look around, you can still find them for a fair price...

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    What about one of those mech tech carbine setups that you attach a glock frame to? They seem pretty cool and you can buy them without FFL because they are not firearms.

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    sub 2k

check reddings hdwe in Gettysburg for a sub 2k. it wont be the cheapest price, but they wont gouge you either. the guys that are cheaper never actually get one in stock. last time I was there they had several.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I bought my sub2k figuring i would probably hate it if not immediately, eventually. I was wrong. This thing is pimp!

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    What about a used threaded Glock 17
    1. Build a $100 suppressor
    2. Gill arm lock for stability.
    3. Crimson Trace laser.

Not tacticool like a SBR because of the Gill arm lock but for home defense can act like a 9mm SBR. The the laser will give you an idea where the business end will send the rounds especially if you just woke up. And the suppressor will help not disturb the kids.

Video of Gill arm lock on full auto Glock starts at 2:08. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2G_zDB-Ws

Last edited:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I bought my sub2k figuring i would probably hate it if not immediately, eventually. I was wrong. This thing is pimp!

Exact opposite for me...bought one because everyone said how awesome they are, used for $400, hated it...sold it for $600, but before it was out of the driveway, I bought another one, same configuration (Glock G17 mags) this time brand new, and love it...go figure.

Folds up to 16.25" X 7", by about 2" thick...and it's a rifle. Darn near fits the glove box in my truck.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What about a used threaded Glock 17
    1. Build a $100 suppressor
    2. Gill arm lock for stability.
    3. Crimson Trace laser.

Not tacticool like a SBR because of the Gill arm lock but for home defense can act like a 9mm SBR. The the laser will give you an idea where the business end will send the rounds especially if you just woke up. And the suppressor will help not disturb the kids.

Video of Gill arm lock on full auto Glock starts at 2:08. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2G_zDB-Ws

A glock wont cycle with a suppressor attached without a booster device. Are there home made suppressors for $100.00 with a booster device?

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Sub 2000

Mine is a gen 1 40 cal with red lion indexing fore end. Angled fore grip and bushnell trs 25.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 1,048

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If someone could make something at the price point of a Hi Point carbine that took Glock magazines, they'd be rich, Jerry! Rich!

Especially if they reduced the fugliness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom