• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sadly I don't really have a choice on public versus private right now. Maybe some year. There were a couple of times other hunters pushed deer by me (but no luck for a variety of reasons). Not something I would have likely had on private land. At least not without organizing several people on a hunt.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    A biker was peppered with birdshot last Saturday. Anybody see any news regarding this? I bring this up because I fear it might be used to prohibit hunting there.

Was Dick Cheney in the area?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Depends on the size. Goose shot like BB, sure thing. I'd imaging it would probably hurt if it hit you even a quarter mile down range and take paint off a car. #8 probably not. Maybe if the car is on the highway and it came raining down on the car. I doubt something that small is coming down at more than 30-40mph.

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    What part of the park were you in?

Right off Horseshoe road, parked in the parking area in, skirted the farm and then found a good spot to set up. The woods were pretty loud that day.. I'll likely be back on Saturday if weather allows

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Jan. 8 & 9 were last days of firearms season. Back to acrhery for the rest of Jan. should be quieter.

BTW hunted off Horseshoe once this year and a couple times over by the Rangers office. Missed an opportunity during the rut when a nice 7 was dogging a doe down by the river. I'd like to make it out at least once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom