• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    2AGuysAndGear is thinking about going and covering some of the event. We were wondering if anyone is going and if not would there be any interest is seeing video of the event. And if there are some people going, maybe we could do an MDS lunch.. Let us know what days you will be there. I have been want to go to this for a few years now. Also if you have attended this show before how was it?

Show Hours

Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:00am - 7:00pm
    Sunday, February 7, 2016 10:00am - 5:00pm
    Monday, February 8 through Friday, February 12, 2016 10:00am - 7:00pm
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 9:00am - 7:00pm
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:00am - 5:00pm

Address
    2300 N Cameron St, Harrisburg, PA 17110

Great American Outdoor Show Tickets

Adult: $13.00
    2-Day Pass: $22.00
    Senior (Age 65+): $11.00
    Group (10 Minimum): $11.00
    Child (Age 6-12): $6.00

Free Admission with Purchase of NRA Membership

Free One-Day Admission with 1 Year NRA Membership: $35.00
    Free One-Day Admission with 3 Year NRA Membership: $70.00
    Free One-Day Admission with 5 Year NRA Membership: $100.00
    Free One-Day Admission with NRA Life Membership: $500.00

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      31.2 KB · Views: 1,290

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I've gone every year since I was 5. Minus the year the place flooded and the year of the boycot. The place is massive. 64 acres indoors. They average about 100k people a day on the weekends. You can not see it all in one day. Wear comfy shoes, and bring a cattle prod cause you need it. Lol. I usually go up opening weekend and window shop. Pick up a few small things here and there. Then go back the last weekend and do my major purchasing. Nobody wants to carry all that stuff home with them so you get better deals. Also I highly recemend paying extra to park in one of the lots close to the place. You are gonna be doing a lot of walking and you don't want to walk a long way back to the car carrying stuff.

Last edited:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I will be there with my brother but I don't know what days yet. This year we will go for 2 days. Last year was the ridiculous snow storm on the way home and we barely made it back.

I am thinking we will be there Friday 2/12 and Sat 2/13. Hope to meet up with some of you.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I bought my house there. Well not the actual house but Hearthstone Log Homes had a display there which I really liked. Later I visiting the factory in Knoxville and bought one of their homes.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I've gone every year since I was 5. Minus the year the place flooded and the year of the boycot. The place is massive. 64 acres indoors. They average about 100k people a day on the weekends. You can not see it all in one day. Wear comfy shoes, and bring a cattle prod cause you need it. Lol. I usually go up opening weekend and window shop. Pick up a few small things here and there. Then go back the last weekend and do my major purchasing. Nobody wants to carry all that stuff home with them so you get better deals. Also I highly recemend paying extra to park in one of the lots close to the place. You are gonna be doing a lot of walking and you don't want to walk a long way back to the car carrying stuff.

This will be my first year going. What kind of deals are you talking about on the last day?

Also I've heard of deals on out of state (MD/PA). Any truth to that rumor?

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    This will be my first year going. What kind of deals are you talking about on the last day?

Also I've heard of deals on out of state (MD/PA). Any truth to that rumor?
    Its mainly stuff cheaper. Sometimes 50 - 75 % off on stuff cause the venders don't want to carry all that crap back home.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Is there a goto place to stay , hotel wise? Is there two days better to go versus any other days?

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I don't know about hotels I just drive up. During the week is the best time. Not as crowded. Weekends are a nightmare. 2-3 hundred thousand on average on the weekends.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I don't know about hotels I just drive up. During the week is the best time. Not as crowded. Weekends are a nightmare. 2-3 hundred thousand on average on the weekends.

We stay at either the Hilton Harrisburg or the Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey. Both are great hotels located minutes from the show. We usually eat breakfast & dinner at the hotel restaurant as we're focused on the show and want to save time. Both hotels have a free show-shuttle and it's the best way to go to & from the show because parking at the show can a bee-otch.

It takes a couple of days to see the entire show; more so if you're interviewing guides & outfitters.

Enjoy!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Went last year and really enjoyed it, so I plan on going back. You can cover a lot of ground if you are not sidetracked in the safari/professional hunter hall.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Went last year and really enjoyed it, so I plan on going back. You can cover a lot of ground if you are not sidetracked in the safari/professional hunter hall.

This. Aside from seeing some of awesome mounts, (and Jim Shockey's daughter -thank me later). ;)

And,.. the fishing. I cruised through there really quickly, saw some stuff that interested me, not much. I want to see accessories, new stuff, guns, trucks,..... guns mounted to trucks.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This. Aside from seeing some of awesome mounts, (and Jim Shockey's daughter -thank me later). ;)

And,.. the fishing. I cruised through there really quickly, saw some stuff that interested me, not much. I want to see accessories, new stuff, guns, trucks,..... guns mounted to trucks.

You mean like this one?

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
      IMG_1032.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 925
    • IMG_1033.jpg
      IMG_1033.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 909

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Sick. No, I never saw that one....
    Definitely interested in going this year, I've missed two in a row now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom