• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/2...antLink&utm_campaign=176117&utm_medium=ale_NA

Michael Harrison, BPD’s new commissioner, announced the new plan alongside local prosecutors, federal law enforcement, and Baltimore Mayor Jack Young. The plan includes the increased use of technology such as data-driven crime suppression strategies but for that ransomware and ancient technology lol, leveraging partnerships with federal agencies our officers are not arresting people and the judicial system is a turnstile please help, recruiting more officers the pay is low, the job is dangerous, everyone including city council will hate you, but perks include all the guns and drugs you can steal and setting a response time goal — something the city currently doesn’t have.

hey... we will respond to that "emergency" ... eventually. How does 10 min sound? I assume its 10 minutes if you are actually shot. If its a robbery, good luck with that.

Oh, and this is the "5 year plan" ... 5 year plans have a great success rate in the Soviet Union! Maybe it was just a not so Freudian slip. Speaking of one party rule, I hear Young is running for mayor (he said he wouldn't), because no one was stupid enough to out their name in the hat, or something.

This pretty much proves the adage that if you can have/carry a gun, you probably wont need it. But you will most likely need a gun where you are not allowed to have it...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    With all the crime calls in the city the response time seems impossible. Plus I would hope that BPD is prioritizing response. Shooting? Be right there. Neighbor making noise pissing you off? We'll get to it if we have time.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They do prioritize. But even for a shooting, "Be right there" is about the same time frame as when my wife says she is ready to go.

The neighbor making noise pissing you off could be a drug dealer up the street. Call the po-po at your own risk.

They do prioritize. But even for a shooting, "Be right there" is about the same time frame as when my wife says she is ready to go.

The neighbor making noise pissing you off could be a drug dealer up the street. Call the po-po at your own risk.

It's much worse than that. My "step son" (MDTA Police)has been working with the state task force that goes into the city once or twice a week to "augment" the BPD. They sit in on roll call in what ever district they have been assigned to that night...and in every roll call they are told by the shift commander "there will be no non emergency calls for service" meaning if you call because your neighbor won't shut off his music at 3 AM tough crap...you're on your own...basically BPD has become an emergency response only agency and ONLY for violent or potentially violent crimes...

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    I used to do a lot of work for emergency service centers in another state. Their stated goal was 4 minutes response time. They didn't always achieve it, but they were almost never more than 6 minutes out.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I used to do a lot of work for emergency service centers in another state. Their stated goal was 4 minutes response time. They didn't always achieve it, but they were almost never more than 6 minutes out.

Might as well call tech support.

"Your emergency will be responded to in the order your call was received. Our estimated response time is approximately... 8... minutes."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's much worse than that. My "step son" (MDTA Police)has been working with the state task force that goes into the city once or twice a week to "augment" the BPD. They sit in on roll call in what ever district they have been assigned to that night...and in every roll call they are told by the shift commander "there will be no non emergency calls for service" meaning if you call because your neighbor won't shut off his music at 3 AM tough crap...you're on your own...basically BPD has become an emergency response only agency and ONLY for violent or potentially violent crimes...

Oh that's just comforting AF...

Bmore may just overtake Chiraq in the mortality sweeps.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Word of advice if you're near a Hopkins campus/hospital which is near a lot of bad areas call the Hop cops (Campus PD). This number goes to their emergency line 4105167777. They will respond quicker and patrol surrounding neighborhoods. Much more professionally than BPD.

I used to party a lot at Hopkins and it's the # we gave girls as they walked back to their cars late nights during college.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You can't recruit enough police so you're having existing ones work massive OT and your plan is to decrease the response time.

I guess that BPD research into matter/energy transporters is really paying off.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Word of advice if you're near a Hopkins campus/hospital which is near a lot of bad areas call the Hop cops (Campus PD). This number goes to their emergency line 4105167777. They will respond quicker and patrol surrounding neighborhoods. Much more professionally than BPD.

I used to party a lot at Hopkins and it's the # we gave girls as they walked back to their cars late nights during college.

You sure about that?

I'm pretty much never in that area but if I'm not mistaken Hopkins doesn't have a police department yet.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

A real gentleman would have walked them to their cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom