• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Hey guys,
    My wife and I have our 9 year anniversary coming up at the end of this month and I wanted to go somewhere for a Saturday night (maybe Friday night too) for a little getaway. We don't have a lot of extra money or a lot of extra time.

I was looking at Old Town Alexandria because it seemed like a cool place. But a friend of our suggested Kent Island. Never thought of this and have only hunted it.

Looking for nice B&B, crabs or seafood dinner, live music type of thing. Any suggestions?

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Don't know about B&Bs, but Kent Manor Inn is a nice place to spend the night. End of July it won't be in the single digits like it was in January '04, when my wife and I Honeymooned there. Yeah, the no heat due to frozen pipes that destroyed the room we were supposed to be in won't be an issue either. :innocent0

Plenty of nice places to eat in the Narrows....Fisherman's Inn, The Crab Deck, Harris' Crab House, & Annie's. Kentmorr down Rt. 8 on Kent Island.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The Inn at Perry Cabin might be out of your price range, but St Michaels would be a more interesting place to stay than Kent Is. I'm sure there are other places to stay.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Hey guys,
    My wife and I have our 9 year anniversary coming up at the end of this month and I wanted to go somewhere for a Saturday night (maybe Friday night too) for a little getaway. We don't have a lot of extra money or a lot of extra time.

I was looking at Old Town Alexandria because it seemed like a cool place. But a friend of our suggested Kent Island. Never thought of this and have only hunted it.

Looking for nice B&B, crabs or seafood dinner, live music type of thing. Any suggestions?

I would go with what Mack said. Kent Manor Inn for the night and Kentmorr for dinner. Live music and good food/crabs. You won't be sorry. If you want to tour a winery or distillery, we have those, too.
    www.blackwaterdistilling.com
    Cascia Vineyards

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Thanks for the replies. We are thinking low key, Crabs and Music. Fortunately for me the wife is great and just wants a night out doing something new. I will look into the suggestions and let you know. Thanks guys.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Has Rams head cleaned that place up???

Spent many an early morning sitting in the ambo on the front ramp waiting to see "red and blues" down at the "Kent Island Knife and Gun Club" aka "The Island Inn"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Ramshead Shorehouse is just up the road too. Check and see who is playing as another option.

Good luck trying to get anyone to acknowledge that you are a paying customer there. I've never seen a place that it is so hard to get something as simple as a beer.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Has Rams head cleaned that place up???

Spent many an early morning sitting in the ambo on the front ramp waiting to see "red and blues" down at the "Kent Island Knife and Gun Club" aka "The Island Inn"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, those days of the old Island Inn are gone. Had many good times there when I was younger and while I wasn't involved in any fighting, I saw a few. I miss No Place. :sad20:

Good luck trying to get anyone to acknowledge that you are a paying customer there. I've never seen a place that it is so hard to get something as simple as a beer.

It is good and bad. Not my first choice to go and get a drink or dinner, but not horrible either. I think it depends on who is managing the place, who is working and how well they know you. Sad, but true.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Like others have said, a lot of great places to eat and things to do. If you are into some quiet, nature oriented time, the Chesapeake Environmental Center is a good place. We were members for years but they rent kayaks for the day and have trails throughout the preserve (bring bug spray!) for all visitors to explore - http://www.bayrestoration.org/kayaking/

Have fun wherever you all go!

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    The service at Ramshead absolutely sucks.

I believe Kent Manor shut down or it is soon. It's up for auction

You can't beat Kentmorr for food and music. Dirty Daves Tiki Bar right out back is awesome.

Kentmorr has the best crabs on the island too

Holiday Inn at the Kent Narrows is probably your best bet as a place to stay

Adams Taphouse is good too

Big Owls tiki bar at the Kent Narrows is cool

Kentmorr though especially if it's nice out...she'll love it

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The Inn at Perry Cabin might be out of your price range, but St Michaels would be a more interesting place to stay than Kent Is. I'm sure there are other places to stay.

Black Walnut Point Inn at the absolute end of Tilghman Island. Quiet remote setting on the water. Close enough to St. Michaels to go for crabs or the Inn at Perry Cabin if you wanted a VERY NICE dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom