• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    They had handguns in the display case overnight?

This is my first thought...
    My FFL put all his handguns in a very large safe every night.

I thought part of getting your FFL was to ensure you had a secure place to store them.

That being said no one deserves to be robbed. Leaving the guns out - Stupid maneuver or not on the owners part ... thieves make my skin crawl. They never want to put forth effort to get ahead in life and have entitlement issues that nauseate me.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have heard from many FFL's that the safe storage was the main thing ATF looks for when applying for the FFL. Someone may have known they do not lock up at night.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Wonder if they touched the nickel plated guns with the don't ask to touch sign? From the report sounds like they were cleaned out. Had no kind of firearm inventory when I stopped in a few months ago.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What's the difference between that and their near-constant smoke breaks--either way it was hard to find anyone who could stay behind the counter...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Given the asking prices, perhaps they thought it easier to sell them to their insurance company?

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    Went in yesterday to ask for a box of .32 to just target shoot. Hands me a box of I forget what brand( only ones they had ). $30 for 25....said F that, he offered both boxes left for $20 each.

I declined. There prices are so F'd up

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Update - Arrest made

ARREST MADE FOR GUN SHOP BURGLARY

Sheriff Gary Hofmann is reporting that an arrest has been made on the July 27th burglary of Chesapeake Gun Shop in Stevensville where eight handguns were stolen.

Gary Alphonso Robinson (27) of Capital Heights, MD turned himself in at the Sheriff's Office Headquarters accompanied by his attorney.

Crime Scene processing of the scene recovered a palm print on broken glass which then led them to a known print of Robinson's from a prior burglary arrest.

The Sheriff's Criminal Investigation Unit with the assistance of Prince George's County Police served a Search Warrant at Robinson's residence in Capital Heights on the early morning hours of September 10th. Robinson was not at the location but the search resulted in the seizure of clothing and 9mm ammunition.

Robinson has been charged with : Burglary 2nd Degree / General, Con- Burglary 2nd Degree / General, Burglary 2nd Degree / Firearm, Con- Burglary 2nd Degree / Firearm, Burglary 3rd Degree, Con- Burglary 3rd Degree, Burglary 4th Degree-Store, Con- Burglary 4th Degree-Store, Burglary 4th Degree Theft, Con- Burglary 4th Degree Theft, Burglary 4th Degree / Permit Tool, Con- Burglary 4th Degree / Permit Tool, Theft $1000 to under $10,000, Con- Theft $1000 to under $10,000 and Reg Firearm Illegal Possession.

A District Court Commissioner held Robinson on $75,000.

At this time the stolen guns and Robinson's accomplice has not been identified but the investigation is continuing according to Sheriff Hofmann.

DEPUTY: Det. Steve Matthews / MSP Crime Lab / PGCoPD

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    the guns are most likely gone and wont be recovered until they show up in another crime. this criminal was stupid. no gloves when you know your prints are in the system. but if he was smart he wouldn't be a criminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom