• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    ANY knife that has a spring in it to assist opening is a no-no in Baltimore. Roaddawg talked about it early on in the freddy gray case, IIRC. Usually, they'd charge for it if it was clear you weren't up to any good.

It would depend on how the law was written.

Many that I have seen are specific to spring opening by just pushing a button, not assisted opening.

That is why the manufacturers developed the assisted opening knife. :)

jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Did you see the sponsor of the bill; Sen. Enzi, Michael B. [R-WY] (Introduced 05/13/2015) A Republican Sen. introduced the bill! I think "The Donald" is looking better and better. It really does not seem to matter anymore who is elected and in the very least, Trump will be hella amusing and I can just picture him telling Putin to Go F yourself.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Does having a wear and carry pistol license allow you to carry the knife of your choice as well?

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Assisted openers are illegal in Bmore? None of the LEOs I interacted with seemed to know! One actually wanted to get a Zero Tolerance Tanto for himself after one for himself.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    As a proud American knife and gun owner I don't need some stinking "protection act", I can protect myself, and my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    My Cold Steel Ti Lite is 100% manual. No springs. I'm good to go.

The Ti-Lite has an Emerson-Wave-like capability, as the shape allows the knife to be withdrawn from the pocket so that the quillons (curved "wings") catch and pull the blade open upon exit.

However, I haven't seen that billed as a feature in any of the packaging or marketing materials I've come across, and it seems to just be a pleasant by-product of the design. So, I wouldn't expect it would run afoul of an "assisted opening" restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom