• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Do tell...

How many people DID get 'hassled' [those days]???

You are so hung up on words, that you neglect (refuse?) to see that they are expressions of thought, and not necessarily policy?

I know he can defend himself admirably, but I'm gonna chime in...

mpdc4511 is among the staunchest of 2A supporters, and it was pretty apparent that he is using the "one year" as a guess of the longest it would take.

Puh-leeze........

+1

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They didn't exactly help by saying that historically restrictions on concealed weapons have been upheld.

That part may have been part of any "Kennedy compromise" which is highly rumored.

That's what bothers me about our legal system sometimes. Just because restrictions (sometimes unjust) have been upheld by the courts before doesn't make them right.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    People still get their rights violated even after years of training and experienced police forces. LEOSA has 50 state carry already for some people and it's easier to validate a carry permit than it is to validate LEOSA compliance. IOW, It's not rocket science. A whole year is excessive.

A year long wait is unnecessary. Why a whole year? People are already carrying in DC legally. Exactly what kind of "training" will take a whole damn year to ensure that people carrying are legally doing so and not breaking any laws?

It's not so much as "what kind of training" as it is the logistics of slowly training 4,000 cops how to respectfully act towards people carrying weapons legally. My department has had almost ZERO interaction with lawful carriers because it's 100% illegal in D.C. unless your a cop. You can't train 4,000 people properly, overnight, with an email. I get 100 emails a day and thanks to actually being on the street I delete 85 of them.

If they had training where Carriers came in and gave there prespective as to why they carry, how they carry, and generally showed they were normal huimans and not the drug dealers that D.C. is plagued with who we usually catch with guns then it would be a better senario.

As perviously stated, I want this roll out to be a super positive experience for both LEO's and CCWer's. I can't argue with your anger on "right delayed, right denyed" but a win is a win and lets make it positive instead of rushing into it and not playing the hand well. Why go all in everytime when you can slow play and take more with you when the hand is done??? I just threw a year out there, if they can logistically train 4,000 in less then I'm all for it. It won't look good trying to change the way 4,000 people did things by taking 2,000 of them off the street for a couple days and 2,000 of the street for another couple days.

Yes you care for people. That's why you want to continue violating our right huh? How many people got hassled that day? It's really easy. Apparently all the training you need is to send out an email.

I'd actually like to know that answer as well. How many people were harassed?? How many perople were carrying?? I can't answer that because the guys that were didn't show up in my area. What I can say is that your negative and nothing I've seen you post has any real value for anyone. You can be angry and say I want to violate rights but I think my posts clearly state that I want to do the opposite and want this to be a safe, respectful, role model, roll out.

Also the rest of your negative comments that have zero merit towards anything will be ignored. I like having intelligent debate and haring any side anyone wanys to shoot my way but clearly you've failed.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I don't know D.C. at all.
    Based upon my knowledge of Hawaii, I can safely predict that when Hawaii goes shall issue there will not be a massive surge in CCW applications. That simply is the culture of Hawaii.

Assuming D.C. goes shall issue will we actually see a massive surge of people legally carrying or is it more likely going to be less than 1 percent of the population

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Based upon my knowledge of Hawaii, I can safely predict that when Hawaii goes shall issue there will not be a massive surge in CCW applications. That simply is the culture of Hawaii.

Assuming D.C. goes shall issue will we actually see a massive surge of people legally carrying or is it more likely going to be less than 1 percent of the population

less then 1% would be my guess. D.C. as a whole is not intrested in firearms.

I'm just excited to see what state's laws they adopt. My honest guess would be MD. The city is way way way to liberal and fueled by gun violence to accept VA's

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    Actually.... I carried in SE. I was doing some site reconnaissance around Oxon Run.
    That's one job I really appreciated having my sliver of freedom for.
    I would assume, unfortunately that I wasn't the only one in that area with a gun.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Actually.... I carried in SE. I was doing some site reconnaissance around Oxon Run.
    I would assume, unfortunately that I wasn't the only one in that area with a gun.

Hahaha good for you! Glad you were safe!! I'm a little further noth of you though you were in 7D!

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    Hahaha good for you! Glad you were safe!! I'm a little further noth of you though you were in 7D!

I know I find myself looking over my shoulder constantly working down there. I stick out like a sore thumb lmao..... I could only imagine the things you see.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

I believe supposedly even in gun crazy texas only 3% of the population has CHLs

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    less then 1% would be my guess. D.C. as a whole is not intrested in firearms.

I'm just excited to see what state's laws they adopt. My honest guess would be MD. The city is way way way to liberal and fueled by gun violence to accept VA's

Assuming they even have a choice in the matter.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    1st and Forrester extending North to Mississippi and 14th roughly.

Gotcha! I've gotten a couple guns on Haslley Terrace, right down the street, not a great area especially if you guys make the quick run to the new 7-11 up the street, which has been held up twice. Stay safe and avoid those strip malls right there and that napa or auto zone (whatever that is IT'S A HUGE DRUG SPOT FOR PCP!!!!!!!)

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County

That's home turf for me. :D :D I grew up within spittin' distance of Oxon Run Creek, right next to the old Oxon Run Shopping Center and playing in the Park, even sledding down the hill right across from Mr. Wick's Motel!

Of course, it was a very different area back then. Growing up in the 60s in that neighborhood, it seemed just about perfect. Tons of kids our age and plenty of places to run around in the woods, building forts and playing "Combat".

JoeR

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yes you care for people. That's why you want to continue violating our right huh? How many people got hassled that day? It's really easy. Apparently all the training you need is to send out an email.

You have a list of people that got hassled?

I was there twice one day and didn't get hassled.

MPDC is not a person that deserves to be attacked. He is speaking from experience and knows what it would take for departments to implement training that would ensure peoples rights were not abused.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Good to know about the auto zone as I went there a LOT last summer. I had three crews at The MLX / south cap interchange.

Just be safe boss! If you want ill toss you my number but I'm no longer city wide so I can make calls and get what you need but can't respond directly there anymore.

Most importantly, lock your tools. Your chances of robbery are slim but theft is high!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom