• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Picked up a G23 from Blue Fin's today. Just checked a box that said "Designated Collector" and gave them a copy of my letter.

Those folks are so nice. They were running all over the store, phone ringing off the hook, doing 10 things at once... still smiled and told me to have a great day and to come back again sometime.

ted70

Jun 5, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I was at Barts today to fill out paperwork and was told it was a TWO WEEK, not eight day release. Anyone else get the same story? If so, can we update the spreadsheet? I would have gone somewhere else.

That's correct, picked one up there yesterday,two weeks after I did the paperwork..

Finally after over 3 LONG months (4/22) I was able to pick up my GP100 at Blue Fins yesterday due to their policy change.:party29::party29: I had previously had a bad experience with one of their morning employees (Vince) who was extremely rude and IMO has no business working in a gun shop or any other customer service position. I posted my experience here on MDS and apparently the owner there at Blue Fins read it. Dave came up to me yesterday while I was filling out my waiver and introduced himself and apologized for his employee's behavior and let me know he had been dealt with. I was very impressed that he remembered my post and was just waiting for me to come back by so we could meet and discuss what had happened. Shows me that Dave and Jamie truly care about their business and their customers. The shop was very busy but, they both took the time to talk to me about what had happened and talk guns and politics for a few minutes. Super nice people. If you have a collectors status letter they are now doing 8 day.:)

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Does Ms. Brock work on Saturdays?

I doubt it, but calling her is probably pointless anyway. I called her twice last week and all I got was a recording saying "I'm back from vacation, thanks for calling....Click...end of call" No "please leave a message at the beep" or any other options, in other words utterly useless. Unless she's actually taking calls now I think you'd be wasting your time, but you can always try.:sad20:

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I doubt it, but calling her is probably pointless anyway. I called her twice last week and all I got was a recording saying "I'm back from vacation, thanks for calling....Click...end of call" No "please leave a message at the beep" or any other options, in other words utterly useless. Unless she's actually taking calls now I think you'd be wasting your time, but you can always try.:sad20:

I previously had good luck emailing the general address. Responses to two seperate emails w/in 2 hours.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    A few people are reporting that Bass Pro is starting 8th day release.

It will be an 11 day realease policy. As of now, a devilishly good looking employee is busy calling customers in chronological order to set up pick-up appointments to get through the backlog first.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    It will be an 11 day realease policy. As of now, a devilishly good looking employee is busy calling customers in chronological order to set up pick-up appointments to get through the backlog first.

I was there yesterday and BPS lost a sale because the guy that helped me said 12 week wait after asking 4 of the other workers, he seemed more concerned with asking me about if I took the safety course... Wanted the stainless fnx 45 you guys have for 829.99... Seems like everyone needs to Get on the same page with policy over there!

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

:lol:

I was there yesterday and BPS lost a sale because the guy that helped me said 12 week wait after asking 4 of the other workers, he seemed more concerned with asking me about if I took the safety course... Wanted the stainless fnx 45 you guys have for 829.99... Seems like everyone needs to Get on the same page with policy over there!

Don't know about all that but the backlog has to be cleared first. It wouldn't be fair or organized if you went in and walked out with your purchase after 11 days but they haven't released to the guy who's been waiting 100+ days yet.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    :lol:

Don't know about all that but the backlog has to be cleared first. It wouldn't be fair or organized if you went in and walked out with your purchase after 11 days but they haven't released to the guy who's been waiting 100+ days yet.

With a operation and a plan, and with the amount of people that work there they should be through the backlog pretty quickly. The point is I would expect it rather quickly, a month would be fine considering the backlog, but 4 months is a no- go. Not asking to cut in line, just get it before sept 30th, but thanks for stating the obvious...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    With a operation and a plan, and with the amount of people that work there they should be through the backlog pretty quickly. The point is I would expect it rather quickly, a month would be fine considering the backlog, but 4 months is a no- go. Not asking to cut in line, just get it before sept 30th, but thanks for stating the obvious...

Believe me, it's not that obvious for all dealers.

I applaud BPS for doing it this way, and hope they can stick to their commitment.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Bass Pro has a good system in place. They are doing every 30 minute pick-up appointments. Separate table away from the gun counter. They are working back to front in back-log. Not sure if that equates to a reach around, but I get my firearm nonetheless. Happy ending is happy ending in my book.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Bass Pro has a good system in place. They are doing every 30 minute pick-up appointments. Separate table away from the gun counter. They are working back to front in back-log. Not sure if that equates to a reach around, but I get my firearm nonetheless. Happy ending is happy ending in my book.

That's what I hear on here, but standing there yesterday I was told another story by people who have no clue what the store policy is, And if they knew the store policy they would have made a sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom