• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Hmmm, Pending Verification AND hoping a pro-gun individual is not fabricating MD State documents... if any other dealers received this EMAIL, please speak up! Clarification from MSP this evening.

Attachments

• Licensing Div - Advisory LD-FRS-13-001 .pdf
      162.9 KB · Views: 1,469
    Last edited:

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Thanks for posting!

I agree, thank you for posting. It doesn't look like they cleared much up, though. They left that evil little word 'may' in there and that's what's hanging everyone up. One thing has changed...all 8th day's must be mailed now. The other notice had directions for faxing, didn't it?

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    This is great, but unfortunately I have a feeling that the two FFLs I'm waiting on will continue to refuse..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Thank you for the posting, but this doesn't change a thing.

It's become worse in some respects.

Almost a stern warning to the FFL's.

I will hand carry the copy I just printed out to Bass Pro in the morning and I will ask them to FAX it to "Corporate".

I will FAX a copy to "Corporate" as well.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Actually, now that I reread it, I think this gives the holders more ammo to keep holding.

"and has no obligation or responsibility to sell, lease or transfer prior to being notified that the investigation is completed."

This will bury the ones that have apprehensive FFL's...like mine. :sad20:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Actually, this looks like a BFD.

They make several statements in that release which really say that MSP knows they have no way to legally prevent the release of regulated firearms.

Saying "may wait" and "encourage" is hardly the language of authority.

Notice in the last paragraph they have further streamlined the paperwork, and it seems to me they've completely abandoned any expectation of reversing this.

JMO.....

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Actually, this looks like a BFD.

They make several statements in that release which really say that MSP knows they have no way to legally prevent the release of regulated firearms.

Saying "may wait" and "encourage" is hardly the language of authority.

Notice in the last paragraph they have further streamlined the paperwork, and it seems to me they've completely abandoned any expectation of reversing this.

JMO.....

I agree 100%...if you're a man will balls (or woman in my case.) Most of the holders will probably not see it the way we do. They will take it verbatim and not read between the lines for the meaning.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    IS it me or did something change. Didn't the previous release say those dealers on the fax program can release early if they follow MSP's "special" steps and now they say you can't fax it? Or did I just read it wrong?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree 100%...if you're a man will balls (or woman in my case.) Most of the holders will probably not see it the way we do. They will take it verbatim and not read between the lines for the meaning.

I'm not sure anyone needs much in the way of gumption to act on this, really.

The second paragraph alone seems like a pretty clear path to unrestricted release, for any FFL who is comfortable with their customer.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    It still says a bunch of nothing it seems. You may wait You may also loose your FFL license when the feds check your log books and a gun is missing without a NICS #. That's the part that concerns me. I think it's great the FFLs' want to release after 8 days, don't get me wrong but, something about this stinks to high heaven. If the FFLs' can call in and get the NICS #, great. If the MSP is no longer needed for POC to the Feds, even better. Complying with the BATFE is the thing that worries me the most with this. If they're good with it, hey, let's get these guns out the door. :D

Not trying to seem negative, just don't want any of our dealers getting hurt.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Thanks for posting. That says pretty much what we already knew. I hope the FFLs on the fence will start releasing now.

One question though. What about FFLs doing the direct NICS check? That's a go, right?

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    It still says a bunch of nothing it seems. You may wait You may also loose your FFL license when the feds check your log books and a gun is missing without a NICS #. That's the part that concerns me. I think it's great the FFLs' want to release after 8 days, don't get me wrong but, something about this stinks to high heaven. If the FFLs' can call in and get the NICS #, great. If the MSP is no longer needed for POC to the Feds, even better. Complying with the BATFE is the thing that worries me the most with this. If they're good with it, hey, let's get these guns out the door. :D

Not trying to seem negative, just don't want any of our dealers getting hurt.

It has been confirmed over and over and over again by FFLs, the ATF, the FFL manuals, the actual law, etc, that you DO NOT need NICS # if you release after 3 days. I think the first posting I saw was from Engage back in April, then Lou from SD in May who heard from ATF Baltimore, etc.

AnonymousShooter

Jan 2, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    I'm not sure anyone needs much in the way of gumption to act on this, really.

The second paragraph alone seems like a pretty clear path to unrestricted release, for any FFL who is comfortable with their customer.

My FFL seems as if he's holding out. I know he has to be out of room from storing stuff so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom