• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbmcdermott1

Mar 26, 2018
    Baltimore
    We've all seen ignorance in the media when it comes to their knowledge of the 2nd Amendment or firearms in general but this is just laughable. Should I upgrade my AR-15 to fire .50 Cal so I can defend myself from this menacing AR-7? I believe this columnist has absolutely no idea what an AR-7 is, he saw the initials (AR) and started quaking in his shoes. I'm not saying this rifle couldn't be used for self-defense but it's not it's intended purpose, it's a survival rifle. This opinion piece was published only to inspire fear and outrage.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/a-nauseating-christmas-gun-ad-killed-my-holiday-spirit/

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If his panties are that twisted over an ar7...wait till he finds out about this one...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We've all seen ignorance in the media when it comes to their knowledge of the 2nd Amendment or firearms in general but this is just laughable. Should I upgrade my AR-15 to fire .50 Cal so I can defend myself from this menacing AR-7? I believe this columnist has absolutely no idea what an AR-7 is, he saw the initials (AR) and started quaking in his shoes. I'm not saying this rifle couldn't be used for self-defense but it's not it's intended purpose, it's a survival rifle. This opinion piece was published only to inspire fear and outrage.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/a-nauseating-christmas-gun-ad-killed-my-holiday-spirit/

Since you posted this in the open access area at least post an explanation of what the AR-7 actually is and why the reaction is so stupid for the benefit of the general public who are not as gun savvy as the members of this forum.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This is what I posted in the other, restricted access thread:

He is deliberately lying .

He is knowingly lying by withholding critical information, that this is an 8 shot .22.

He is deliberately deceiving the reader by misrepresenting the rifle as a military grade weapon of war, by dropping the mention of its Air Force roots.

He is deliberaty suggesting that its features make it especially attractive to those seeking to "wreck havoc on society."

He is deliberately suggesting that the takedown feature is knowingly being marketed to people who want to smuggle guns into schools and movie theaters.

He is lying by claiming that the gun is well suited to killing large numbers of humans quickly, and is designed for that purpose.

Again , he is knowingly, deliberately lying by withholding the fact that it is an 8 shot .22.

These are not accidents. His lies are careful and deliberate

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

He is knowingly lying by withholding critical information, that this is an 8 shot .22.

He is deliberately deceiving the reader by misrepresenting the rifle as a military grade weapon of war, by dropping the mention of its Air Force roots.

He is deliberaty suggesting that its features make it especially attractive to those seeking to "wreck havoc on society."

He is deliberately suggesting that the takedown feature is knowingly being marketed to people who want to smuggle guns into schools and movie theaters.

He is lying by claiming that the gun is well suited to killing large numbers of humans quickly, and is designed for that purpose.

Again , he is knowingly, deliberately lying by withholding the fact that it is an 8 shot .22.

This... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The AR7 is a survival plinker at best. It’s biggest claim to fame is that it shoots inexpensive .22cal. ammunition and it floats. It is no where near the quality of any military grade weapon.

But... AR = :omg:

The writer of the article is a shill. Nothing more.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I'm surprised the Post would run that crap. The regular editors must be on vacation.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The AR7 is a survival plinker at best. It’s biggest claim to fame is that it shoots inexpensive .22cal. ammunition and it floats. It is no where near the quality of any military grade weapon.

But... AR = :omg:

The writer of the article is a shill. Nothing more.

It was meant to be kept in the seat pack under a pilot's butt. That tells you something right there...

tbmcdermott1

Mar 26, 2018
    Baltimore
    The author of this opinion piece is a hypocrite. He published a response to his original colum after receiving backlash.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/28/readers-fired-up-after-post-column-about-ar-7-christmas-ad/
    In his first post he states "In case you don’t know guns, an AR-7 is a semi-automatic rifle that can be used to defend your family, go hunting and — in the wrong hands — kill a lot of people." In his response he states "I also said in that column it’s time to stop selling assault weapons that can kill a lot of people in a short period of time. I didn’t, as many readers alleged, say that the AR-7 was one of those weapons." The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    More people are probably killed by 22 LR firearms every year than AR15s... So maybe he's onto something... Wait... Nope just an idiot and or a liar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom