• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Been there, done that. Here we go yet again. Don't any of these legislators go to school?

AMENDMENT XVIII - Passed by Congress December 18, 1917. Ratified January 16, 1919. Repealed by amendment 21.

Section 1.
    After one year from the ratification of this article the manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors within, the importation thereof into, or the exportation thereof from the United States and all territory subject to the jurisdiction thereof for beverage purposes is hereby prohibited.

Section 2.
    The Congress and the several States shall have concurrent power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Section 3.
    This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of the several States, as provided in the Constitution, within seven years from the date of the submission hereof to the States by the Congress.

AMENDMENT XXI - Passed by Congress February 20, 1933. Ratified December 5, 1933.

Section 1.
    The eighteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Section 2.
    The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicating liquors, in violation of the laws thereof, is hereby prohibited.

Section 3.
    This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by conventions in the several States, as provided in the Constitution, within seven years from the date of the submission hereof to the States by the Congress.

I've heard stats as high as 50%. Where, 50% of both victims AND perpetrators of homicide were under the influence of alcohol. This has nothing at all do with with home defense, just crime in general.

Where users of alcohol are screwing up is... in most cases not understanding that it is in fact a drug. I get a little chuckle when known avid users of alcohol (here and in life in general) proclaim how dangerous other recreational drugs are. There's never stats noted, a vast majority of the time the person preaching has no experience with any other drugs,..... but somehow knows they're bad.

Many times when I've talked (and joked) here about how the govt should look in to banning alcohol and nicotine, it was for nothing more than to draw attention to how ridicilous it is that the govt is involved AT ALL.

But, never fail.... many will show up to defend their drug of choice, talk about how it's fully legal for use, never hurt them, is an American past time, etc. etc. I'm not going to post links to alcohol related deaths, stats, so on. Everyone already pretty much knows and chooses to ignore the facts and figures of something that contradicts what they believe.

I have to agree. Sporting Clays on LSD is a hoot.

ETA- It was a JOKE!!! (I only shoot Sporting Clays when I'm drunk.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    I've heard stats as high as 50%. Where, 50% of both victims AND perpetrators of homicide were under the influence of alcohol. This has nothing at all do with with home defense, just crime in general.

Where users of alcohol are screwing up is... in most cases not understanding that it is in fact a drug. I get a little chuckle when known avid users of alcohol (here and in life in general) proclaim how dangerous other recreational drugs are. There's never stats noted, a vast majority of the time the person preaching has no experience with any other drugs,..... but somehow knows they're bad.

Many times when I've talked (and joked) here about how the govt should look in to banning alcohol and nicotine, it was for nothing more than to draw attention to how ridicilous it is that the govt is involved AT ALL.

But, never fail.... many will show up to defend their drug of choice, talk about how it's fully legal for use, never hurt them, is an American past time, etc. etc. I'm not going to post links to alcohol related deaths, stats, so on. Everyone already pretty much knows and chooses to ignore the facts and figures of something that contradicts what they believe.

We are talking about in the home...our castle. You have the right defend yourself no matter your condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom