• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My First AR-15 :gun1:

Aero Precision AR15 Complete Lower Receiver with MOE Grip & SL Carbine Stock
    Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 Midlength HBAR W/15" Logic M-LOK Handguard AR15 Complete Upper
    WILSON COMBAT A2 AR-15 BIRDCAGE FLASH HIDER, 1/2X28
    Aero 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group, Complete - Nickel Boron
    Aero AR15 BREACH® Ambi Charging Handle
    Magpul PMAG® 10-round Non-Window M3
    UTG Super Slim Flip-up Rear & Front Sight View attachment 445853
    What’s with the 10rd mags?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    This was not intended to be a clone correct build of anything. I just wanted an old school vibe.

PSA receivers and 16 inch barrel
    Luth-AR furniture
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    DSA rear sight carry handle and sand cut BCG
    CMMG LPK
    Tubb's buffer spring
    Battle Arms Development safety selector
    Radian Raptor changing handle

20240227_235959.1small.jpg

20240227_234858small.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This was not intended to be a clone correct build of anything. I just wanted an old school vibe.

Luth-AR furniture
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    CMMG LPK
    Tubb's buffer spring

View attachment 457224

View attachment 457225
    Love it!!

Is that a chrome BCG?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Luth-AR furniture
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    CMMG LPK
    Tubb's buffer spring

View attachment 457224

View attachment 457225
    She’s beautiful!

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    She’s beautiful!

Thank you.

Love it!!

Is that a chrome BCG?
    It's a DS Arms BCG with a Nickel Phosphate Coating.

"Our NPE finish has a lower friction coefficient than Nickel Boron and because the Teflon is impregnated into the Nickel it maintains the lower friction coefficient longer than Nickel Boron."

Here is a link to it.

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Not really liking where my tape switch is, which is why the hand-stop is facing the wrong way. Probably going move the switch back an inch or two, so I can face it the right way. It’s not very comfortable this way. But you get the drift
    IMG_3799.jpeg

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just picked this up. Another impulse buy. It might be my next project, or it might set on a shelf for a while. I have been spending too long on my ARs lately and some of my other projects need some attention.

This is a Dessert Tech stripped lower. It does come with all the proprietary ambidextrous controls that are not standard AR interchangeable. Super wide magazine well to fit the 53 round magazines. The idea is that you can carry around the same number of rounds with four magazines as you would have with seven and reload half as often. The loadout kit, which is sold separately, has four extra magazines and an adapter that allows you to use regular 30 round magazines. It is two pieces of plastic that clip inside the magazines well making the inside diameter smaller. Everything looks well made and the magazines look to be made from similar material as Magpul. Everything looks and feels to be of good quality.

My thoughts on it right now are to just hang on to this for a couple of years and after this weapon platform dies, I will resell my magazines to the true believers for 10 times what I paid for them. We'll see. I don't know just yet. It was weird, so of course I wanted one. LOL

20240306_124302small.jpg

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I just picked this up. Another impulse buy. It might be my next project, or it might set on a shelf for a while. I have been spending too long on my ARs lately and some of my other projects need some attention.

This is a Dessert Tech stripped lower. It does come with all the proprietary ambidextrous controls that are not standard AR interchangeable. Super wide magazine well to fit the 53 round magazines. The idea is that you can carry around the same number of rounds with four magazines as you would have with seven and reload half as often. The loadout kit, which is sold separately, has four extra magazines and an adapter that allows you to use regular 30 round magazines. It is two peices of plastic that clip inside the magazines well making the inside diameter smaller. Everything looks well made and the magazines look to be made from similar material as Magpul. Everything looks and feels to be of good quality.

My thoughts on it right now are to just hang on to this for a couple of years and after this weapon platform dies, I will resell my magazines to the true believers for 10 times what I paid for them. We'll see. I don't know just yet. It was weird, so of course I wanted one. LOL

View attachment 458708
    So to clarify these “quad mags” are only compatible with this lower?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    So to clarify these “quad mags” are only compatible with this lower?
    Yes, that is correct. Rather than Surefire type that funnel into a standard magazine well, these are larger all the way to the top. The magazines will only fit in the Desert Tech lower. Regular magazines will fit in the Desert Tech lower, but only with an adaptor that is sold separately.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Just came across this thread but here is my 12.5” GPPR . Aero Lower, Handguard & Upper, Rosco Sauce Pack, Strike Industries lower parts kit, venom flash hider and oppressor, bravo mod 3 pistol grip, sba3 brace, Warhammer charging handle.
    d6a95b0f446e96995b36eca6669606e4.dng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Just came across this thread but here is my 12.5” GPPR . Aero Lower, Handguard & Upper, Rosco Sauce Pack, Strike Industries lower parts kit, venom flash hider and oppressor, bravo mod 3 pistol grip, sba3 brace, Warhammer charging handle.
    d6a95b0f446e96995b36eca6669606e4.dng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. The Aero M4E1 lowers are some of my favorite.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    This is a recent build. Aero M4E1 upper and lower. 10.5” 300 blackout criterion barrel. BCM KMR handguard, VLTOR A5 buffer system with sprinco green spring. Gunfighter grip, ASR muzzle brake to house the omega 300 when it’s out of jail
    IMG_4724.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom