• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I'm using N320 for mine. I'm only using 5.x-6.xgr depending on the load. Accurate 1680 used to be the cat's meow to get stuff to cycle. It works because it's gassy, but it's also and loud and dirty by comparison. H110/296 will cycle well in most suppressed setups. Problems start to show up in non-suppressed setups with failure to hold the bolt open especially with carbine gas.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm using N320 for mine. I'm only using 5.x-6.xgr depending on the load. Accurate 1680 used to be the cat's meow to get stuff to cycle. It works because it's gassy, but it's also and loud and dirty by comparison. H110/296 will cycle well in most suppressed setups. Problems start to show up in non-suppressed setups with failure to hold the bolt open especially with carbine gas.

Does yours cycle?

I'm somewhat interested in a intentionally getting it not to cycle, just to see how quiet it is.

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Go to the Hodgdon Reloading site, select "300 AAC Blackout", "130gr", "Hodgdon", "Trail Boss".

I couldn't get that to cycle with my normal setup. I could've gone the way of trying to get lighter BCG and springs, etc, but it wasn't worth all that to save a few pennies per round.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Go to the Hodgdon Reloading site, select "300 AAC Blackout", "130gr", "Hodgdon", "Trail Boss".

I couldn't get that to cycle with my normal setup. I could've gone the way of trying to get lighter BCG and springs, etc, but it wasn't worth all that to save a few pennies per round.

Just curious...will be noticeably quiet if it isn't cycling?

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have a spikes tactical with an AAC can. I reload AA1680 and getting ~990fps with 220gr. Mine is loud IMO. I even bought a gas cutoff from noveski for a bunch of money. Cutting off the gas makes it better but still louder than I want.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I have a spikes tactical with an AAC can. I reload AA1680 and getting ~990fps with 220gr. Mine is loud IMO. I even bought a gas cutoff from noveski for a bunch of money. Cutting off the gas makes it better but still louder than I want.

1680 runs in everything because it's really gassy. This makes it really loud too. Try a different powder. H110/Win296, 5744, N110/N120. Some people have had luck with Lil'gun, but I haven't tried it myself.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    1680 runs in everything because it's really gassy. This makes it really loud too. Try a different powder. H110/Win296, 5744, N110/N120. Some people have had luck with Lil'gun, but I haven't tried it myself.
    My 5744 loads always left unburned powder in the receiver?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Same, but just about anything is quieter than 1680. I never went back to either powder though. H110 for AR supers, N320 subs in a single shot.

I can get consistent cycling and 1060-1080fps with 10.2gr of H110 over coated 220gr pills and CCI 400's. It is very quiet in my 8.5" upper and Form 1 10" can.
    You can tell when an occasional round goes super from the lack of report, but still having the Fshhhhhhh as the projectile goes down range. 98% of the time the buffer spring is the loudest thing I hear.

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I tried h110 without suppressor. It wouldn't cycle well. I might give it another go with suppressor, and possible lighter recoil spring if it makes a difference

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom