• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I’m looking to buy a dedicated suppressor for my 6.8. I really want to give the yhm titanium lite a try. It’s in my price range and seeing how this will not be a shot high volume I don’t see the titanium construction to be a issue. Lightweight is one of the main goals here.

I’ve never bought anything through the silencer shop but it seems with their offer to buy the tax stamp and a nfa trust set up through them all while using a kiosk at one of their recommended dealers seems to simplify the process. My plan to swing this purchase is to ask my wife and family for silencer shop gift cards.
    My question is weather the purchase is through the silencer shop or am I buying the can from there recommended dealers inventory? I sent them a email but they haven’t got back to me yet. I am guessing if I purchase the can from the silencer shops inventory than I will be charged a transfer fee as apposed to buying it from a dealer in Maryland’s inventory? That’s what’s confusing me about buying from the silencer shop. If the dealer has a silencer shop sponsored kiosk I would think there suppressor inventory comes from the silencer shop?
    Anybody recently buy a can this way?
    Sorry if this is a dumb of confusing question but I need to be absolutely sure I tell my wife what I need to spend up front instead of making the purchase and paying the feds only to tell her I have to fork out another 100 bucks for the transfer. I guess calling a dealer to ask should be my next move but I always enjoy the great feedback I get from you guys on here.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You buy it from Silencer Shop and they ship it to your dealer. The local guy holds the can until the paperwork is done. The dealer gets paid from Silencer Shop; you don't owe him anything extra. The can comes from Silencer Shop inventory. Bonus for the local guy is that he doesn't have to stock expensive stuff and carry it on his credit line when it might take awhile to sell.

I didn't use their trust since I had one already done locally.

The kiosk seems pretty cool. Fingerprinting was a huge drag before.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Call John at Gymratz and have him explain it to you.

He is very knowledgeable and has a ss kiosk

I have purchased several cans from him and he takes care of everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom