• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    To worry about spilled primers. If they accidentally discharge, it's like a cap gun. If they don't discharge, then no worries.

Right?

I got hit by a primer that went off while I was looking for it. Not fun, or cheap. It is nothing like a cap gun. They are serious.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They end up in the same place as springs from various firearms, that launch across the room. Nobody has been able to identify that place. :D

When I find my missing socks, I'll end up finding my missing primers and gun springs. They are probably all chilling with the TV remote.

In amusing seriousness when I was putting my AR-10 together recently I managed to launch the pivot pin spring off the ceiling "somewhere" in my gun room. I spent 10 minutes looking and then took a break to grab a snack. Was about to hit "buy" on a spring kit and went back in the room and stepped on it in the doorway.

Go figure.

Didn't need the spring after all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Turn off lights. Hold a flashlight on the floor, shining beam parallel to the floor. The primer will cast a long shadow, making it easy to spot, assuming it didn't drop into a wormhole or your shoe (past experience). :D

That's how I managed to find some primers when BPS shipped me lose trays of primers and DID NOT tape one of them shut (or CCI didn't at the factory. Someone messed up). Tray managed to open when I took it out of the box and spilled the ENTIRE tray on my garage floor.

I actually managed to find them all. Only took an hour. And then found the other 3 the next day. All the way on the other side of the 2 car garage.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I sweep them up eventually, but the rate at which I lose primers from misadventure is one reason I only do that part of the process in my shed.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I did not read the whole thread but when i lose a small part or piece of something, i put a knee high panty hose onto my vacuum and search that way. It gets behind stuff and helps with the fact i can't see well in the dark.

Nobody

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Damn, I lost a 10mm socket this year! I didn't realize they had a reputation.

You didn’t realize?

Ha. My sweet summer child.

I own 5 different 10mm sockets (1/4 drive x2, 3/8 drive x2, deep well 3/8” x1)

I think I know where one is. I think.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    It's a variation to an immutable law of working on old cars...you will invariably drop an irreplaceable piece...hear it hit the floor then vanish completely from the face of the earth.

There is a tried and tru method of finding it though. Search long and hard on the internet and once you buy a new one, the old one will appear !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom