Giggity! Cover your keyboard before you click!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    To quote Drill Instructor Sgt Cooper: "If you needed one Uncle Sam would've given you one. Understand, recruit? Now get outa my face!"
    That's cool if you go through lots of ammo. I just don't shoot enough to need it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Wen I have some time on my hands, I grab loose or boxed ammo and fill stripper clips by hand. When I'm at the range, I can use a spoon or the Strip Lula to stuff mags nearly as fast.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    For like $20 you have this machine in our back pocket and it does the same thing, only you hit the plunger 6 times (5 round groups) rather than 30 squeezes.

Attachments

• C623CDAB-6185-4F9C-ACF0-18766F86A054.jpg
      C623CDAB-6185-4F9C-ACF0-18766F86A054.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 758
    • 9BBF050D-EFB8-456F-AD40-B666BF6FA13C.jpg
      9BBF050D-EFB8-456F-AD40-B666BF6FA13C.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 755

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    With an electric motor operating an eccentric arm attached to the handle with a couple of micro switches to control the on off it might be helpful. Stick the empty mag in until it trips the on switch and when full it trips a second switch for off. Almost auto loading.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    I'll post my own review when it arrives. The negative Nancy's can post whatever they want, but it sounds like envious complaining. If you are low volume whiner, just say "I don't really shoot, but that looks cool" and move on. No one gives a flying F_ck about what standard army issue is/was. This is not for that purpose.

Hey, if you don't go to the range to shoot and would rather play 5 knuckle shuffle with ammo, little loaders, magazines, or whatever the hell else you carry in your big purse, go right ahead and continue to enjoy your activity.

The plunger loader is one of those items I have used in my mission reduce mag charging time. I can recommend its use, but it still requires orienting the round. I'm looking for more efficiency when loading 30-50 mags for a range trip.

I (and others who can appreciate this) shoot about a thousand rounds each trip to the range. If i take friends that can double or triple. This device is for those who prepare and take loaded mags to the range. The user will touch the round once moving it from the reloading hopper to the mag loader hopper. If this works, I'll get the $400 model and attach a motor.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I would prefer stripper clips cause that device is big and is taking alot of time to load. If I were bulk loading mags, sure. But stripper clips keeps the rounds organized in my ammo can. and the spoon is pretty small and the stripper clips does not ad much weight. Outrider's contraption is maybe second to a spoon in order of light weight. Maybe easier for older hands. The item the OP shows is not very practical at the range for reloading a mag IMO so outside of loading for the range, as I said, bulk loading mags it may shine cause loading onto a stripper clip takes time too. Just not fast for range reloads. Maybe I'm missing the practicality.
    Neat though.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    RE: the OP claim that "scale matters" when it comes to the number of mags in front of you....I don't disagree.

My plunger loader in post 8, excellent for a 6-12 mags at the range, and fits in a rifle case pocket.

The "Ouigi Board" loader in post 14, excellent for 25 mags.

The sausage grinder blessed by the OP for 50 mags? OK, except it requires 30 grip exercises per mag. That's 1,500 squeezes to load 50 mags.

So, unless the offer is for a truly motorized loading process (just dumping the rounds into the chute) , I would fall back to using the "Ouigi Board" loader for 50 mags. Doesn't require electricity, can ride in the rifle case--unlike the sausage grinder--and no actual moving parts to break.

No one mag loader wins. it just depends on your lifestyle.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Am the only one here that actually enjoys loading magazines.... it is a very relaxing activity that I usually do the night before I plan to shoot.

Have been working with my son (who many here know is autistic) who has gotten quite good at counting out ammo and loading magazines. It's a way that we can share the shooting experience, even though he hasn't progressed to the point where I will let him shoot anything other than an air gun and then only with hand-over-hand oversight. Still a nice bonding experience to work through a bunch of magazines with him.

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    Am the only one here that actually enjoys loading magazines.... it is a very relaxing activity that I usually do the night before I plan to shoot.

Have been working with my son (who many here know is autistic) who has gotten quite good at counting out ammo and loading magazines. It's a way that we can share the shooting experience, even though he hasn't progressed to the point where I will let him shoot anything other than an air gun and then only with hand-over-hand oversight. Still a nice bonding experience to work through a bunch of magazines with him.

Though loading them is relaxing, unloading them is way more relaxing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom