New WalMart ammo policy effective 4/29...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I would only pick about maybe 6 boxs at a time anyway. It's hard to hide (fromyouknowwho) if i bought any more. I was tempted a few times when there was a bunch but i wanted to leave some for the next guy.

My wife has no idea how much ammo costs, I could bring home a pallet of 5.56 and tell her it only cost a penny per rnd and she would believe it. Until she goes to the ATM. :innocent0

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    10 box max of what? they never have any ammo may as well make it one box max!!!
    I think the idea is that this new limitation may make it more likely that they'll actually have some ammo for you. :)

I read somewhere else that corporate intended for this limit to be 6 boxes per day of ammo, not 6 boxes of a particular caliber per day. That is to say, you can get your 6 boxes of 9mm, but you're not getting any .308. Or you could get 3 boxes of 9mm or 3 boxes of .308, but no more.

If the reselling of inexpensive ammo from Wal-Mart is as rampant as claimed, this kind of measure should help tremendously. Certainly Wal-Mart is going to want to keep ammo on the shelves, because it probably lures _many_ customers into the store.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    My wife has no idea how much ammo costs, I could bring home a pallet of 5.56 and tell her it only cost a penny per rnd and she would believe it. Until she goes to the ATM. :innocent0

I got my loot home yesterday and told my wife i cleaned out walmart
    she said great what's that $500

I said no, only about $300 :D

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Certainly Wal-Mart is going to want to keep ammo on the shelves, because it probably lures _many_ customers into the store.

Yup, and getting the customer into the store is the whole idea of marketing, because once you're there (especially if the wife is with you), they fully expect you to buy more than JUST what you came for.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Yup, and getting the customer into the store is the whole idea of marketing, because once you're there (especially if the wife is with you), they fully expect you to buy more than JUST what you came for.

Plenty are going in anyway to see if there is any ammo at all. I think they need to institute a limit on the amount of automotive lights you can buy. I need a couple 194 bulbs for my Rv. I'm in no rush to get them or I would just go to the auto parts store and buy them at a higher price. The last 3 times I have been in Walmart in the past 2 weeks they have been out of them.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Dealers are buying it all up and selling it at shows for a premium :sad20:

Saw WWB 9mm in York today for $35-$40/100rnds :tdown:

Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I long for a return to the days when WalMart ammo was considered much more expensive than common military surplus. I'm glad that I took advantage of the good old days!!!! I hate to gloat - could not be helped.

mackie

Dumb Farmer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    The 6 box limit is corperate. Elkton has a sign on the gun counter. They were out of Winchestes Extreme .22 so I got a box of WWB .22/250. Hope the last box is there tuesday when I get paid.

Up here in N.Y there still trying to get the whole I.D for ammo thing down. Whats really sad is I'm 16 and I bought three bricks of 12 gauge,yesterday matter of fact. No ID didn't even ask my age, It's sad IMO that I (my dad) have to log every pistol we own but when it comes to ammo the thing with a foul intent kills, doesn't get even an ounce of restriction, Be it stupidity of all who work for Wal-mart and other department stores, or Bad enforcement of the laws, Still I find it sad.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    I was running way early for the Dulles Gun show the other week, and decided to waste some time checking the ammo shelves at the Walmart just down the street. I walk up to the counter as the clerk was opening three cases of WWB and three cases of Blazer Brass. Just as I got excited about it, I noticed the sign posted on the shelves. "3 BOX LIMIT" on all ammo purchases. Well since 3 packs of 100 round WWB beats 3 boxes of Blazer with 50 rounds, that is what I got.

Also there was a guy at the Dulles show selling 100 round WWB packs for $45.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i just left cockeysville walmart and they had 15 100rnd packs of federal .223 for $39.xx also 1 box of .357 and .32. no .22lr 9mm .40 or .45

also no limits on how many you can buy

i had to walk away and remind myself i had an order coming in otherwise i would taken atleast 10 of the .223

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I've been in 7or 8 different walmarts since this policy was enacted.

I've been able to find .40, 9mm, .380, .223, 22-250, and lots iof .22lr. I've also seen some places sold out. But between 3 stores i could have bought 3 cases of 9mm if i had taken a friend.

I dont mind people hoarding, i do mind going into a local gunshop and seeing the blazer brass 9mm 50 round boxes for $30.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    i just left cockeysville walmart and they had 15 100rnd packs of federal .223 for $39.xx also 1 box of .357 and .32. no .22lr 9mm .40 or .45

also no limits on how many you can buy

i had to walk away and remind myself i had an order coming in otherwise i would taken atleast 10 of the .223

You mean 40 rnd packs of federal .223 for $39 right?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    You mean 40 rnd packs of federal .223 for $39 right?
    no it was these right here. the tag underneath said $39.97
    DSC00992.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom