New WalMart ammo policy effective 4/29...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Time to drag your significant other, friends and neighbors to WalMart the next time you need more than 6 boxes.
    That's the greed factor again...if one looks for a way to beat the system, then there is no reason to put one in place. If ammo is more available by placing limits then people have a better chance of buying a few boxes a week that they do lucking into being there when they can buy 30 at once.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I've only bought .22lr at Wallard World recently since they never have any other calibers I own. I only buy a brick or two at a time, I've been tempted to clean out the remaining few bricks, but I figured there'd be someone else that needed some, so I leave it for the next guy.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've only bought .22lr at Wallard World recently since they never have any other calibers I own. I only buy a brick or two at a time, I've been tempted to clean out the remaining few bricks, but I figured there'd be someone else that needed some, so I leave it for the next guy.

i do the same.. went to wacky mart couple days ago and they had boat loads of 22 stingers... only bought 4 (50 in a pack) just to get me going for this weekend. the last time i saw 9mm wwb value pack, i only bought 2 box out of 10 they had.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Both of the Wal Marts in Calvert County had signs posted about the six box a day limit. I checked both stores every Wednesday because that is when they get their re-stock orders in. Both stores were pretty much empty for handgun ammo but they both had .223 Remmington JHP in stock for $12.95 a box. There were about a dozen in each store. Maybe the sign is working.:lol2:

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm not greedy. I will only buy a box or two of what I shoot everytime I go in if they have it. If this 6 box limit will help them keep a little supply on the the shelf for people like me who are shooting what they buy, I'm all for it.

On a side note, I'm actually pleased with the way walmart has been handling the ammo situation thus far and this will just make it better. With dealers and resellers jacking up the price because of the shortage, Walmart has not that I noticed. They did up it a little bit when the cost up metal went up though.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Both of the Wal Marts in Calvert County had signs posted about the six box a day limit. I checked both stores every Wednesday because that is when they get their re-stock orders in. Both stores were pretty much empty for handgun ammo but they both had .223 Remmington JHP in stock for $12.95 a box. There were about a dozen in each store. Maybe the sign is working.:lol2:

Did they ask for your driver's license there? Last time I went there I saw three, THREE, cameras above the sporting goods desk.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    just got back from walmart

got
    300 rnds of WWB 40
    1,000 rnds of WWB 9

as the assistant manager was checking me out I saw the sign by the register with the ammo limits. He didn't say anything so I checked out an left :)
    I hate going in walmart so if I can buy in bulk i do

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Did they ask for your driver's license there? Last time I went there I saw three, THREE, cameras above the sporting goods desk.

no they don't check id's.. i didnt notice the camera's. if they take pix..my face will be all over.. almost there every other day.. hahaha

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Just left the Elkton store, sign is posted and there was some .40's in the case. Maybe this will help us out. They had 2- WWB and maybe 8 or more B-Brass both in 40 S&W

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    I had the same experience . It was a noob working the counter and was told to check IDs to make sure thet you were old enough to buy handgun ammo . I guess the gray hair and wrinkles wasn't enough of a clue ? Ha !

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i got checked for my drivers license buying a box of ammo at the range just outside of Andrews AFB...i asked why...hes like thats what they are trained to do...i showed him a valid military Id and was in uniform...hes like i still need to see your license...im guessing to verify if you are 21...but i got 6 stripes on my sleeve...common sense would tell you that I probably am over 21...

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    glen burnie, golden ring, and cockeysville don't have the policy. i grabbed the last 10 boxes of 9mm 100rd from cockeysville tonight. i even had the customer service call someone with a key to sporting goods after waiting for 10mins, the guy could get them out of the case for me but he had to take me over to electronics for someone else to ring them up. the register asked if i was over 21 i said yes no id was neccessary. there are cameras above sporting goods but i don't think anyone pays attention but if they do i may be on youtube later (i got impatient):innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom