• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Might have to check this out, having researched the prestige and tradition behind this show...Maybe find a Mosin 91/30 for less than $200

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    how-much-money-to-live-1.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Anything antique and some modern long guns, mainly military. Don't expect them to let you in with a non-military long gun that's post-Korea. It's not so much an issue of legality as it is their show and their rules.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Seriously, bring $100 with you. I'm sure you'll find something interesting. It won't be a firearm, but you will find something.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've always been intimidated by the "antique" part, but it sounds like maybe it's not just for rich folks? :shrug: Can I expect to see only pristine museum quality pieces at white glove auction prices, or are there worn but serviceble milsurps that still have cosmoline in the nooks and crannies at reasonable gun show prices? I'm not looking for anything exotic...mostly a shootable M1917 and/or No1 Enfield...maybe Krag or Trapdoor.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've always been intimidated by the "antique" part, but it sounds like maybe it's not just for rich folks?

Definitely not. I've left the show multiple times with antique revolvers in excellent condition for less than $300 each. All depends on what you're looking for and having the patience to scour every table.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    There is a decent mix of high end stuff and some more moderate and lower end pieces. I've picked up long guns and pre-1898 handguns in the 200-300 range there... but yes, if you want to mortgage your house and come home with a $200K museum piece, they can accommodate that too :-)

If you shoot obsolete calibers, it is a good place to find odd-ball ammo too.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Only a few more days left!

I’ll be set up in Row “F”, Table #14 with a lot of nice goodies from Switzerland. When you get to the show Saturday or Sunday, stop by and say hi!

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Only a few more days left!

I’ll be set up in Row “F”, Table #14 with a lot of nice goodies from Switzerland. When you get to the show Saturday or Sunday, stop by and say hi!

I am planning on stopping down there on Sunday. How bad is parking usually at this show?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Last year I noticed so many people had miniature flintlocks with no gunflints. After asking people why there's no gunflints in their miniature flintlocks they told me nobody makes them that small. So that night I made about a dozen of them and went back on Sunday to spread them around. So if you see a miniature flintlock on display and it has a real flint in it, it's possibly one of mine.:party29:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom