• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merc1973

Jan 5, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I could name quite a few. For hunting there's Hendershot's in Hancock. Don't forget Keystone Sporting Goods on Pennsylvania Ave in Hagerstown. Russell's Gun Emporium, also on Pennsylvania Ave. Wilson's Gun & Trap on Rt 40. There's Murry's in Williamsport. Hafer's in Downsville has black guns. Lots of little shops such as Arrow & Bullet on the west end, Jefferson Sales on Jefferson St, "3R" out by Leitersburg... I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

I can vouch for Bill at Arrow and Bullet. He does not carry much inventory but is a wealth of knowledge and can get anything you could want.

jersey

Nov 16, 2008
    Chambersburg PA
    im in hagerstown, i got to tims shop in downsville ( awsome place i will add), murry's in williamsport ( its in a back room at the citgo if i remember). both have good selection. there is also the collector's corner. just dont remember what road it was on. its near sharpsburg ( he has lots of m1 carbines and like wepons). just my .02

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Hafers is definitely worth the stop. Nice guy knowledgeable, and fair pricing. He's also a gunsmith had my sigma 40ve's trigger reworked there much better.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Murry's is expensive but Jack is a nice guy, Henderdshot's seems to be a good ol'boys club if u know them your in and will give you deals otherwise its price as posted. Haven't been to Downsville. Arrow and Bullet is a good place from what I know I recall my dad buying some guns there when I was younger (1990s)

I just finally stopped at Collectors Corner about a month back after driving by 100s of times. Real nice guy here is the address however doesn't deal in modern handguns to paraphrase him too much paperwork

17619 Lappans Rd # C
    Fairplay, MD

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I'm in Hagerstown as we speak going to Cumberland tomorrow.....what about shops out that way?

Kerr Brothers is on Virginia Ave (a few blocks past the Sheetz). They have decent pricing on firearms and standard gun shop pricing on ammo. Good guys and they will talk to you all day long if you let em. If you wanna head over the steel bridge into WV, you owe a visit to Mulligans on Potomac Street just past the Ridgely VFD. They have a huge selection of really nice used guns. He had a Remington 700 in .22-250 last year for $375 that would have come home with me if I had the cash. The pawn shop down the street also has a ton o' guns against the wall but they are mostly in poor condition and overpriced.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Oh, and Hendershots is overpriced but have a really good selection. Also, they are hit & miss on what days they are open now. Most of the weekdays are by appointment only.

whis

Aug 27, 2009
    Western Maryland
    im in hagerstown, i got to tims shop in downsville ( awsome place i will add), murry's in williamsport ( its in a back room at the citgo if i remember). both have good selection. there is also the collector's corner. just dont remember what road it was on. its near sharpsburg ( he has lots of m1 carbines and like wepons). just my .02

Lappins road at St. James store if memory serves me correctly.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    Hendershots is great..if you like spending money..and paying to much

But it is what i is.

We need a good gun shop, its to bad Dicks & walmart become the top choice for many.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I know Tim is a great guy its the only good shop we really have others don't have much of a selection or charge way to much! My rant about Hendershot's was posted above.

REL1203

Mar 29, 2010
    I am bumping this old thread since I am gonna be in Hagerstown this saturday and really need to pick up some Reloading powder.. Any place in the area with a good selection of powder, preferably even 8lb kegs?

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    I am bumping this old thread since I am gonna be in Hagerstown this saturday and really need to pick up some Reloading powder.. Any place in the area with a good selection of powder, preferably even 8lb kegs?

You're only allowed to have 5 lbs of powder in MD so I think it's unlikely you'll find a dealer selling 8 lb kegs. Hafer's has a selection of powder in stock. Check the industry partner list for contact info.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Hafers on Downsville pike, they are in the same building as the Downsville General store.

REL1203

Mar 29, 2010
    You're only allowed to have 5 lbs of powder in MD so I think it's unlikely you'll find a dealer selling 8 lb kegs. Hafer's has a selection of powder in stock. Check the industry partner list for contact info.

I was unaware of that law, i live in VA and just happened to going to be in Hagerstown so was trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone while there... Good to know, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom