• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I recently tried the bulk Federal Automatch from walmart if you want a cheap alternative. I was pleasantly surprised. For me, it groups better than any CCI. I've never shot the Wolf tho.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Wolf

I tried the wolf extra match target today, WOW!
    One hole group at 25 yds out of my Savage MkII. The remington CBee rounds also had one hole groups but the hole was a bit jagged. The remington's were much quieter.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm looking to buy bulk (10 bricks or so) .22LR subsonic stuff and the wolf match extra seem to shoot the best from what I've read atleast. My main gun is a savage MKII FV-SR with a silencrco suppressor on it, but I also have a 10/22 and a 22/45 lite that will also shoot some of this.

I've only shot CCI Blazer and Wolf extra match at the moment, however I have 40gr Winchester HP subsonic showing up tomorrow. I guess my question is everyone says the wolf match extra is super accurate, but give me numbers, that is all subjective.

Does it shoot under 1 MOA at 100 yards, 50 yards and 25 yards? The reason why I'm asking is, I'm hoping to take my .22lr to the range ALOT start to learn wind and the effects wind has on the little round. I think this will help me with my midrange fclass matches and is a whole lot cheaper to practice with.

I really want to be able to get out to 250yards but my scope doesn't have enough adjustment at the moment, so I'm limited to 100 yards until I figure out how to shim the base.

Looking for some experienced input here...

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I like Fiocchi 22 LR Subsonic Hollowpoints, that I use for squirrel hunting. The light report... does not spook the squirrels that much; and I don't usually need hearing protection.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm looking to buy bulk (10 bricks or so) .22LR subsonic stuff and the wolf match extra seem to shoot the best from what I've read atleast. My main gun is a savage MKII FV-SR with a silencrco suppressor on it, but I also have a 10/22 and a 22/45 lite that will also shoot some of this.

I've only shot CCI Blazer and Wolf extra match at the moment, however I have 40gr Winchester HP subsonic showing up tomorrow. I guess my question is everyone says the wolf match extra is super accurate, but give me numbers, that is all subjective.

Does it shoot under 1 MOA at 100 yards, 50 yards and 25 yards? The reason why I'm asking is, I'm hoping to take my .22lr to the range ALOT start to learn wind and the effects wind has on the little round. I think this will help me with my midrange fclass matches and is a whole lot cheaper to practice with.

I really want to be able to get out to 250yards but my scope doesn't have enough adjustment at the moment, so I'm limited to 100 yards until I figure out how to shim the base.

Looking for some experienced input here...

I am shooting the exact same set-up. My first choice is Wolf, it is subsonic as well. I also use Remington target. It will stay subsonic in a 16" barrel. I just tried some Gemtech subsonic as well. They all worked very well in my savage MKII FV-SR with a silencrco suppressor on it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I am shooting the exact same set-up. My first choice is Wolf, it is subsonic as well. I also use Remington target. It will stay subsonic in a 16" barrel. I just tried some Gemtech subsonic as well. They all worked very well in my savage MKII FV-SR with a silencrco suppressor on it.

Try winchester 40gr HP subsonics. I haven't shot past 25 yards but all of them were touching each other. They are 1/2 the cost of the Wolf extra match or whatever it is.

Here is a target from last Sunday, again only 25 yards but still decent. If they group ~ 1.5" at 100 yards this will be my go to ammo.

7d47c3fd5f275a228dfb0feaff3f4136.jpg

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm surprised Ed Shell hasn't chimed in on this thread.

Here's his comment from a similar thread:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1734241&postcount=4

Here's the whole thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1734241#post1734241

Note that Ed describes the drop for .22 at 200m and 300m ... he has probably forgotten more about long range than most of use will ever learn

This is the post that turned me onto winchester 40gr hp's. If he can do it so can I right?? :lol2: Just kidding but certainly gives me hope!

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hi, new guy here.

I've had good luck with CCI Green Tag and the CCI standard velocity.
    I haven't tried any yet, but have been told the Wolf Match .22 is made by Lapua.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom