• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I used to shoot over there when I worked there back in '98-02. I just started working back on post and have been waiting for it to warm up a bit.

But excellent value and guys who shoot over there! :thumbsup:

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Sorry to bring back up an old thread, but does the facility provide you clays for that fee? Is it a voice activated thrower? Any information would be appreciated, I live over in Abingdon and would like to give APG a shot (no pun intended).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You didn't need a sponsor as of October or November. Just show up and shoot. We had a lot of problems with the thrower on the trap field the last time we were there.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    When I last spoke with the RSOs a month or so back:

1. The range charges $4 per round of skeet/trap (25 clays), change as of ~ April 30th
    2. You provide your own shotgun and ammo (though they have some earmuffs, eye protection, and shell bags you can borrow)
    3. As the website says, "Our skeet and trap leagues will be open to all DoD ID cardholders and their Families". The RSOs are not carding everyone to check if they are DoD, and it is fine for a DoD cardholder bringing some guests, but if mobs of non-DoD descend on the range this could change.
    4. There is 1 skeet and 1 trap field. When you call "Pull" the RSO will trigger the thrower with the corded remote. So, I suppose you could say the thrower are activated by your voice, if indirectly.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    No league required. Just show up, introduce your self as a first timer so they can go over thier range rules. They repaired the trap thrower and it runs great. They just replaced the 1950 sheet throwers with new ones and they also run well. I don't get there often enough but I do show up every couple of weeks and everyone there is helpful.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No league required. Just show up, introduce your self as a first timer so they can go over thier range rules. They repaired the trap thrower and it runs great. They just replaced the 1950 sheet throwers with new ones and they also run well. I don't get there often enough but I do show up every couple of weeks and everyone there is helpful.

We should try to do the thursday night thing again. That was fun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Any info on going through the gate with a shotgun? Do you mention it to the guards or only if they ask?

I was asked once to show him my gun. He said he checks occasionally because sometimes people will have a loaded shotgun in their trunk, and that is a no-no. Otherwise, no problems. You have to stop, show them your license and registration, and tell them where you are going. I never mentioned a gun, but always assumed they figured I had one.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    Any info on going through the gate with a shotgun? Do you mention it to the guards or only if they ask?

I work at APG, so when I go through the gate I use my ID card. To the guard I might be going to work, coming to use the gym, etc. If the guard asked then I would volunteer the information, but it has never come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom