• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Jun 22, 2005
    Pasadena, Hunters Estates
    I'm looking for some place to tune myself up for fall archery season. Does anyone know a public place to go where I can shoot from an elevated position out to 40 yards with broadheads? I've been looking and the only place I can find is down in southern AA county and they don't allow broadheads.

Does anyone know the laws regarding shooting a bow on an open field at a school or on some power lines? Anyone do this?

Basically could anyone recommend a solution to my problem?

Thanks guys.

josh

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    Hey Josh, shooting @ a school with a good backstop shouldnt be a problem. I don't know of any range that lets you shoot with broadheads or elevated. Again shooting on powerlines shouldn't be a problem either. I use to shoot in a field near a school before a dumb ass developer built homes there. Wehere are you from ?

Blackhawk

Jun 22, 2005
    Pasadena, Hunters Estates
    I live in Pasadena MD. I just emailed the county a couple of days ago and asked if it would ok to shoot at Tick Neck Park at night after everyone was gone. They replied that it would be illegal for me to shoot there since a bow is classified as a weapon and weapons are illegal in the county parks as well as state parks. Ticks me off but that is what I am stuck with. I might just have to make do practicing at my parents house where I can get a 40-50 yard max shot. I just can't shoot elevated. That part really stinks. I might still go down and have a look at arundel archers. Where are you from?

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I don't think it would be a issue if you went to a school and shot there. As long as there are no houses in the reasonable background no one should say anything.
    You dont see anyone calling the law when someone hits golfballs on school grounds. Just use common scents when shooting like "most" hunters have.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Don't know about Passadena, but my public school had archery in gym class on school property. That was nearly twenty years ago though and things may have changed. Hope this helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom