• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I was all good to go if I saw one calling my name, but just learned that the tube gun in laminate only comes in .22 mag not .22LR. No need for a mag. Guess I will just keep slinking around for a Marlin 2000.

You could always buy a second one and switch stocks......:innocent0

You can also just buy the stock from Marlin I believe....

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You could always buy a second one and switch stocks......:innocent0

You can also just buy the stock from Marlin I believe....

Well see, or lean back and see if they sell and I am sure Davidsons or someone will come out with some fancy version. Its a .22 bolt gun, if popular it will be around for a while.

Besides I just picked up a laminate Model 60 in decent shape from a forum member and havent gotten around to my Gunsite scout. That should be enough of a polished plywood fix for a while.

mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Has anyone picked up one of these new Marlin xt-22s? I still haven't heard any first hand accounts, but I guess they're still pretty new

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    How do you like it? Did you have to order yours or did you just pick it up at a store?

bought it from gun connection, only place who had one in the area (none in Northern VA) and they had it in stock so I didnt have to order it. This was back in May. I like it ok, at first I really liked the adjustable trigger but its not as nice as the savage accutriger on my little cousins markII. It uses 925 mags which is a plus and its accurate. For what I paid I would just order a MarkII with wood stock & accu trigger if I had to do it over again.

lostsole

Feb 28, 2011
    North West Balto Co
    I picked up a Marlin Model XT-22M .22 WMR with Monte Carlo Walnut Finished Hardwood Stock Blued Barrel from BassPro for $160 out the door in August. The rifle looks well made and came with a 7 and 4 round magazine. I haven't taken it to the range yet because I still don't have the correct mount for the scope. When I tried the dovetail rings to mount the Busnell 3-9 40mm, the scope brushed the rear sight and you couldn't open the bolt. I have tried Bass Pro, GB and Timonium Dick's, White Marsh Firearms and now Duffy's but nobody had the mounts that would fit. Online I found one reference to weaver #12 mounts. Still nobody has gotten them in to try. This weekend I am going to try to get to Hap Baker and try try it with or with out the scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom